Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > September 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Aug 31, 2018 09:59PM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

Participants:

Alyssa picks for Nancy Message 34

Ana picks for Kathy

Carrie (Pick 2) picks for Leticia Message 38

Christine picks for Sara Message 30

Courtney picks for Kaila Message 40

Hermione picks for Matilde Message 31

Jamie picks for Jess Message 26

Janne picks for Jamie Message 29

Jen picks for Kelsi Message 27

Jess picks for Shea Message 52

June picks for Christine Message 25

Kaila picks for June Message 61

Kathy picks for Ana Message 28

Kelsi picks for Nicole (Pick 2) Message 46

Leticia picks for Carrie (Pick 2) Message 45

Lois (Pick 2) picks for Jen Message 42

Matilde picks for Janne Message 49

Nancy picks for Lois (Pick 2) Message 33

Nicole (Pick 2) picks for Hermione Message 24

Sara picks for Alyssa Message 36

Shea picks for Swaroop Message 51

Swaroop picks for Courtney Message 39

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments I'm in with my Pick-it-for-me shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments 2 from my Meet-Greet-Picks self please https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :) please pick from my to read shelf.

message 8: by Tawallah (last edited Aug 18, 2018 02:24PM) (new)

Tawallah | 127 comments I’m in.

Pick one from this shelf please
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 9: by Alyssa (last edited Aug 15, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

Alyssa I’m in! Here is my physical TBR list (on my actual shelf):
Please pick 2.

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments I'm in

message 11: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane I'm in. Pick two from my TBR file.

message 12: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 208 comments Mod
I'm interested.

Here is my To Read Shelf- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I´m in. Need to get back to reading more

message 14: by Janne (new)

Janne (missadventuress) | 74 comments I'm in with my Pick-for-me shelf.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 216 comments I'm in

my PIFM shelf

message 22: by Hermione (last edited Aug 22, 2018 10:31PM) (new)

Hermione (hermionegrner_) | 49 comments I'm in with this list https://www.goodreads.com/review/list... Pick 2!

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Hermione, for you I pick Turtles All The Way Down. I have this book too. Would you like to buddy read?

message 24: by Tawallah (new)

Tawallah | 127 comments Christine, I pick The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter.

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Jess, for you I pick The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1) by Terry Pratchett . Because Terry Pratchett is amazing! Enjoy!

message 26: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments For Kelsi I pick Caraval. I love this book and I hope you will too.

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 536 comments For Ana I selected Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer .

message 28: by Janne (new)

Janne (missadventuress) | 74 comments Jamie, your to-read list is very intruiging! I pick Apocalyptic Organ Grinder by William Todd Rose for you, cause what an epic book title is that!

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1303 comments Sara - I picked Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle
I never read that book

message 30: by Hermione (new)

Hermione (hermionegrner_) | 49 comments matilde wrote: "I´m in. Need to get back to reading more

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Hi Matilde!
My pick for you is Sharp Objects! It's a great book and I hope you enjoy it! After reading this, you could check out the tv show, as well.
Happy reading!

message 31: by Hermione (new)

Hermione (hermionegrner_) | 49 comments Nicole wrote: "Hermione, for you I pick Turtles All The Way Down. I have this book too. Would you like to buddy read?"

I'd love to buddy read this! DM me so we could arrange this!

message 32: by Nancy85 (last edited Aug 25, 2018 05:38AM) (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) Lois, I pick for you
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik - heard that this is good
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco -read this and i loved it.

message 33: by Alyssa (last edited Aug 25, 2018 05:33AM) (new)

Alyssa Hi Nancy!
My pick for you is Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher . I’m currently reading the series and absolutely love it. However, it seems that everyone who has read it agrees that this is the worst book in the series, so if you find that it’s not for you, I’ve also chosen Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown . I know that you did not say to pick two, but you have so many great series on your list that it was too hard not to. I hope you enjoy!

message 34: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) Alyssa wrote: "Hi Nancy!
My pick for you is Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher. I’m currently reading the series and absolutely love it. However, it seems that everyone who has read it agrees that this is the worst book..."

Thank you Alyssa

message 35: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman For Alyssa, I pick "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I read this book a long time ago and truly still love it today. I hope you enjoy it!

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Thanks Sara! I’m excited to finally getting around to it.

Sara wrote: "For Alyssa, I pick "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I read this book a long time ago and truly still love it today. I hope you enjoy it!"

message 37: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Hi Leticia, for you I have Dark Matter. It was a more then 5 star read for me and had me left questioning my life and the world.

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) Hi Kaila, based off of the books you have on your favorites, I pick Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu . I hope you enjoy!

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (thelongnamedreader) ||Swaroop|| wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Please count me in! https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Hey Courtney! For you, I pick [book:As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of T..."

Thanks Swaroop! I'm looking forward to it. My husband loved it :)

message 40: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane Jen,
I picked Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen for you. I read it last year and loved it. Hope you do too.

message 41: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane Nancy85 wrote: "Lois, I pick for you
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik- heard that this is good
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco-read this and i loved it."

Thanks, Nancy!

message 42: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 449 comments Carrie wrote: "Hi Leticia, for you I have Dark Matter. It was a more then 5 star read for me and had me left questioning my life and the world."

Thanks, I'll check it out!

message 43: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 449 comments Carrie, I'll confess that paranormal fantasy is my comfort reading, and fantasy one of my favorite genres, so I'll pick This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost and The Liar's Key (The Red Queen's War, #2) by Mark Lawrence for you. let me know if you liked them later.

message 44: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Vignola | 95 comments For Nicole I picked, Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1) by P.C. Cast and Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch

message 45: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Kelsi wrote: "For Nicole I picked, Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1) by P.C. Cast and Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch"

Great picks! Thanks!

message 46: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 28 comments Janne wrote: "Jamie, your to-read list is very intruiging! I pick Apocalyptic Organ Grinder by William Todd Rose for you, cause what an epic book title is that!"

Thanks! Should be interesting at the least :)

message 47: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) Janne for you I pick The Graveyard Book. Haven´t read it, but really want to. Happy reading, hope you enjoy it

message 48: by Janne (new)

Janne (missadventuress) | 74 comments matilde wrote: "Janne for you I pick The Graveyard Book. Haven´t read it, but really want to. Happy reading, hope you enjoy it"

Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading it very much!

message 50: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 216 comments For Shea I pick

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.