Play Book Tag discussion

Triple Identity
This topic is about Triple Identity
August 2018: Espionage > Triple Identity - Haggai Carmon - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There is a very good, intricate story inside the pages of Triple Identity, but you have to read too much extra, essentially pointless material to find the narrative essence. Fortunately, the characters are interesting enough to save the book from being lost in its useless information. The development of the main character, Dan Gordon, is well-thought-out and solid. He is an investigation attorney with a background in both the Mossad and the US Department of Justice. The story itself is muddy, with an almost paralyzed pace which even the action scenes fail to enliven. It took some effort to keep reading, but there was just enough storyline to make this book worthwhile for me. Another aspect that drove me a little crazy was the weaponry. A revolver does not leave shell casings, nor can a revolver have a silencer. This is where I saw a little too much of the “Hollywood movie” element that I don't expect to find in a well-written work of fiction. I can't say I will never pick up another Dan Gordon thriller, however, because this character does have a story to tell. I am just hopeful he becomes more reader friendly as the series progresses.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Rachel wrote: "There is a very good, intricate story inside the pages of Triple Identity, but you have to read too much extra, essentially pointless material to find the narrative essence. Fortunately, the charac..."

Sounds like this book would benefit from a good editor to cut down some of that excess! I do not need my books to be blatantly obvious, but there is a balance between being complex and being rambling.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole R wrote: "Rachel wrote: "There is a very good, intricate story inside the pages of Triple Identity, but you have to read too much extra, essentially pointless material to find the narrative essence. Fortunat..."

Exactly. This book had far, far too much rambling but there was a story in there. I may try another book of his since this was the first because he can write.