Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > YA Dark Fantasy Critique Partner or Beta Reader needed

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 7 comments Hello! I am looking for someone to swap manuscripts for critiquing. My manuscript is 97K words and has gone through pretty rigorous editing and an agent recently requested a full. She passed with a few nice comments, but not much feedback.

I have a thick skin and need some honest feedback, and I am happy to do the same for you! We can start with first chapter/s to see if we are a good fit. I am interested in long term partnership if we are a good match.

Here is the description:

The Blood Crown has the power to save a kingdom. Or destroy it. It’s been missing for seven years and as time runs out for the kingdom, the race to find the crown may leave no survivors.

Seven years ago, Princess Lyria accepted a deal from a demon lord. Now she is an expert assassin, trained to kill deal-breakers for her demon master. All she wants is to use those skills to kill the Usurper who slaughtered her family, but as the last surviving heir it’s her duty to find the crown. Except to claim it she’ll have to break her own deal, or die trying.

Camryn has spent years running from his past and his vengeful father, but when both catch up with him he’s given a choice: bring back the Blood Crown or be executed. Determined to save himself, he ventures after the crown, only to come face to face with someone he thought long dead. The lost Princess Lyria. As he struggles against his feelings for the beautiful and deadly assassin, he must choose where his loyalty lies; the princess, or his father who is none other than the Usurper she’s sworn to destroy.

Racing against time and treachery, Lyria must struggle to break her demon binding and reach the crown first. If she fails, the land will succumb to the crown’s curse. But succeeding could cost her everything, for defying demons rarely ends well.

Please note that I would not be a good match for a swap that is Sci Fi or heavily romantic.

Thanks!

message 2: by Lizandra (new)

Lizandra Oliveira | 3 comments what makes a dark fantasy, well, a dark fantasy?

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Painter (meganpainter) | 3 comments Hey! I'd love to exchange one or two first chapters to see if we are a good fit! My novel is YA fantasy so let me know

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 7 comments Megan wrote: "Hey! I'd love to exchange one or two first chapters to see if we are a good fit! My novel is YA fantasy so let me know"

Private messaged you!

message 5: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Acosta | 9 comments Hi! Your story sounds awesome! I am halfway through my book, with more than 40k words. YA fanstansy as well, maybe we can try to exchange first few chapters?

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 7 comments Cyril wrote: "Hi! Your story sounds awesome! I am halfway through my book, with more than 40k words. YA fanstansy as well, maybe we can try to exchange first few chapters?"

Hi Cyril, I messaged you!

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose | 22 comments I have a fantasy romance at 116K that I would like to swap if you are still looking.