Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Buddy Reads 2018 > History & Biography - September 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6200 comments Mod
The group voted to read the History & Biography nominee, Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, in September. The winner for this genre was The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women. Have you read any of the other nominees for this award? Which have you read and what did you think? Which was your favorite?

Do you plan to read any of them in the future? How about setting up a buddy read of one that you are interested in this month? Use this thread to discuss and find a buddy!

Schedule buddy reads here, then set up a separate thread to discuss.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6200 comments Mod
I am interested in the two books that we are reading as a group, The Radium Girls and Killers of the Flower Moon. I am also interested in Get Well Soon, but it is not available through my library and I'm not interested enough to purchase it.

message 4: by Reija (new)

Reija | 101 comments I have started Killers of the flower moon and sample size of Radium girls, both seem kind of interesting, not too though. I have listened Apollo 8 because I love space books and I have read also On tyranny.

I would like to read Jane Austen book, at least. Maybe Get well soon and the Road to Jonestown.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Both Killers of the Flower Moon and The Radium Girls were discussed at my library book club on 8/20 -- really good discussions on both books and what was similar to both....Read Killing England - it was good but typical Bill O'Reilly but brought up some unknown facts for me on the England's side of it.
And read Victoria - since I was hooked on the series at the time -- really enjoyed seeing what she was all about...what an interesting choices we had for this year!! Want to read Undoing Project.

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 32 comments Chris wrote: "Both Killers of the Flower Moon and The Radium Girls were discussed at my library book club on 8/20 -- really good discussions on both books and what was similar to both....Read Killing England - i..."

I'm not sure you should accept anything Bill O'Reilly as a fact. Not without extensive footnotes.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris Kirsten wrote: "Chris wrote: "Both Killers of the Flower Moon and The Radium Girls were discussed at my library book club on 8/20 -- really good discussions on both books and what was similar to both....Read Killi..."
Bill O'Reilly just is not the best history read - I did it because I wanted his take on England's side of all of it...didn't care for most of his books --
I totally agree - thats why I went into other books that were written about that time period about England - it was mostly about King George and some of the Parliament at that time I wanted to find out if they were true...some of it was.