What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Fantasy: A Psychic who can see auras and has panic attacks when she is around too many dark souls.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (nyxia) | 46 comments Here's what I remember about this book:

1. The Main Character has the ability to see the emotions and auras of the people around her. She can tell the difference between innocence/guilt and truth/lies.
2. She cannot enter the police station/jailhouse without having a panic attack due to all the negative energy. She sometimes needs to take a mood stabilizer when she knows she has to enter one of these buildings for her job. She tries to stay under the radar and prefers when people overlook her.
3. She works as a publicist for the city. I remember her sending out press releases and working with the local police department and city government. Her office is located near to the local police station.
4. She accidentally reveals too much in front of a detective/ sheriff??? about what she can see about people and he insist on her help to keep silent about her abilities.
5. I read this book in the last two years and it was a fairly recent publication when I read it.

Does anyone know the name of this book?

message 2: by Mari (new)

Mari | 18 comments Sounds really good. I read something similat I think it was by kim derring, there was a book by Allyson Noel, and one other one I cant think of just yet. It had a girl on the cover and its mostly grey. I will get back to you if I find it.

message 3: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments ... don't think this one is it... she can 'see/sense' souls somehow that I can't remember. Ends up helping the cop, but doesn't have issues with panic attacks or going into the station.

Soul Summoner maybe?

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Lexi wrote: "MJ wrote: "... don't think this one is it... she can 'see/sense' souls somehow that I can't remember. Ends up helping the cop, but doesn't have issues with panic attacks or going into the station. ..."

This 100% has to be Soul Summoner. If it’s not then someone owes the writer an apology. Because she does have those panic attacks, she does give away her ability to a cop by accident, she is a publicist for the P.D. and she’s not in college she owns her own house and works full-time.
The Soul Summoner