What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Childrens/ YA fantasy book set in some sort of Medieval times

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peyton (new)

Peyton McAllister | 3 comments fantasy book, family owns an old castle, attacked by neighboring castle, son goes on quests to save them by finding ingredients for some sort of potion or something. Cant remember details but I seem to recall something about the main character being trapped in a well by the bad guys, as well as stealing a special horse from them and going on a quest for ingredients to make a potion or spell of some sort. The main character is a sort of amature magitian or wizard and is not very good at wizardry until the end of the book! Please help this is not a super old book but defs isnt new!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
When did you read it? New and old mean different things to different readers.

message 3: by Peyton (new)

Peyton McAllister | 3 comments Read it around 2008. It wasn’t brand new then however. Its probably Around 10-20 years old

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Any other fantasy elements, like dragons, trolls, etc?

message 5: by Peyton (new)

Peyton McAllister | 3 comments Not sure in cover and I am not sure if a part of a series. I do remember there being giants of some sort as well as the obvious magic. Knights and castles etc. i remember a specific part about the boy and someone who was either his sister or his friend sneaking into the enemy commander’s tent when the enemy was trying to siege their castle and they put some sort of spell on something while in there I believe. They have to go through the moat to get back and there is a little pet dragon that is somehow involved also

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Peyton, are you still looking for this or did you find it?