Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Audio Group Listens > September Nominations

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha (last edited Aug 14, 2018 04:27PM) (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11283 comments Mod
Hello! it's time to get the nominations going for September. For this month's theme we will do the same here as with the reads theme. The book you nominate MUST have fall colors on the cover for the audiobook. examples: yellow, orange, brown, red, gold, etc. think of the trees turning colors.

Books chosen for a group read or listen within the past year will not be eligible and authors may not nominate their own work.

Please remember, books with multiple nominations are more likely to make it to the final poll.

previous reads/listen:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Lena (new)

message 3: by Latasha (last edited Aug 14, 2018 04:19PM) (new)

Lena wrote: "The Elementals by Michael McDowell"

i don't think this is eligible cause we read it in April. I'm trying to find that out now. i know it's been discussed before.

ok, no. it isn't eligible. sorry.

message 4: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2492 comments Darn.

message 5: by Latasha (new)

I would like to suggest The House of Long Shadows The House of Long Shadows (House of Souls #1) by Ambrose Ibsen the audio cover is exactly the same.

message 7: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 165 comments Finally picked up the audio of The Elementals the other week, though I know it's not eligible. And I think I already listened to The house of long shadows earlier this year.

And even though I've listened to it not that long ago, I would suggest Swan Song by Robert McCammon. No clue how to post a cover, sorry. And it has multiple covers but several of them have the required colors.

Sarah-Grace (Azrael865) (sarah-grace) | 185 comments Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter, #1) by Thomas Harris I've been wanting to start the Hannibal series.

message 9: by Latasha (new)

K.L. wrote: "Finally picked up the audio of The Elementals the other week, though I know it's not eligible. And I think I already listened to The house of long shadows earlier this year.

And even though I've ..."

Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon

message 10: by Latasha (new)

Swan song is one of my favorites. My house’s name is Mary’s Rest! When I was moving in, I heard Proud Mary at least 3 times that day & 1 of the lady’s helping me move, her moms name is Mary so I named my house Mary’s Rest.

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments I nominate The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay.

The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay

Seven-year-old Wen and her parents, Eric and Andrew, are vacationing at a remote cabin on a quiet New Hampshire lake. Their closest neighbors are more than two miles in either direction along a rutted dirt road. Thus begins an unbearably tense, gripping tale of paranoia, sacrifice, apocalypse, and survival that escalates to a shattering conclusion, one in which the fate of a loving family and quite possibly all of humanity are entwined. The Cabin at the End of the World is a masterpiece of terror and suspense from the fantastically fertile imagination of Paul Tremblay.

message 13: by Robert (new)

Robert Mingee (robertmingee) | 776 comments Jamie wrote: "I nominate The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay.

The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
..."

I'll +1 this!

message 14: by Ami (new)

Ami | 210 comments how about Thunderhead Thunderhead by Douglas Preston

Forbidden Island Forbidden Island by Jeremy Robinson

or

The Deep The Deep by Michaelbrent Collings

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa52572) | 79 comments Brother by Ania Ahlborn This one was awesome.

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I'll second The Deep by Michaelbrent Collings

The audible deals outside the U.S. are quite different, and although I'm dying to read it, a recent release like Tremblay's is over $30 NZD.

message 18: by April (new)

April Teesdale (aprilteesdale) | 44 comments Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 161 comments Ill second Thunderhead.

message 20: by Latasha (new)

April wrote: "Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco"

sorry April, we listened to this in December, so it isn't eligible.

message 21: by Latasha (new)

Melissa wrote: "Brother by Ania Ahlborn This one was awesome."

I second this. I've read or listened to some of her other stuff and it's really good.

message 22: by Latasha (new)

Lena wrote: "People Who Eat Darkness The True Story of a Young Woman Who Vanished from the Streets of Tokyo--and the Evil That Swallowed Her Up by Richard Lloyd Parry[book:People Who Eat Darkness: The True Story..."

religious cult? yes! second this too.

message 23: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2492 comments And it’s free on Audible Channels!

message 24: by Latasha (new)

Lena wrote: "And it’s free on Audible Channels!"

that's great to know. I'm going there now.

message 25: by Latasha (new)

nominations will close tomorrow, the 19th. thanks everyone for such great suggestions.

message 26: by Latasha (new)

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

The poll will be open tomorrow. Thanks for all the great nominations.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.