What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Celebrity
This topic is about Celebrity
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary fiction, written in the 1980s, about three young guys who kill a girl, then become a reporter, a cult leader, and maybe a cop. They get prosecuted for murder and the trial brings all their secrets out. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Warneke | 1 comments This book is from the 1980's. I believe there was a pair of sunglasses on the cover.

Three young friends graduating high school meet a girl at a cabin to have sex with her. She dies and they hide the body in a lake. One of the boys is a star of the football team and critically injured during a game.

Fast forward- the boys all become high profile people. One becomes a cult leader, I think his name is Thomas. He builds an enormous, multi billion dollar organization and living community. One becomes a reporter. I don't remember what the 3rd does.

One is gay and comes out after being married and had a kid. The kids see the dad and boyfriend having sex at a beach.

Their crime comes out years later and a surprise witness murders someone in the court room.

The book was made into a tv miniseries.

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments It's not an exact match, but your plot outline reminded me a bit of Peter Straub's Ghost Story.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Aug 15, 2018 11:55AM) (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Mark, I notice your header is marked Solved. Is your book Ghost Story by Peter Straub - SamSpayedPI's suggestion?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah MacPherson | 46 comments This actually sounds a lot like Celebrity.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40690 comments Mod
Mark typed "SOLVED" in the header and reviews indicate this is "Celebrity" as Sarah mentioned. Moving to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ghost Story (other topics)
Celebrity (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter Straub (other topics)