Reading Envy Readers discussion

Episode Chatter > Reading Envy 126: Bernice Bobs Her Hair

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 992 comments Mod
Jon Laubinger and I recorded a crossover episode for his Film Baby Film Podcast at the end of last year, where we talked about the book Roadside Picnic and the film Stalker. I finally got him to do a regular episode, where we talked about gameshows, traveling with books, and some great reads.

Link to Episode.

If you're wondering why I move from my book 2 to my book 3, I had to cut some chunks out to keep the episode under 2 hours, so I actually cut Jon's third book, which was really more a movie. I ended up feeling it made more sense than cutting out chunks of other places. But it's a great episode despite my deletions.

I do wonder... I hear from some people that length doesn't matter. But as a listener of other podcasts, I listen more often to shorter ones and anything over an hour, I procrastinate on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and nobody else cares?

Nadine in California (nadinekc) | 149 comments Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "I do wonder... I hear from some people that length doesn't matter. But as a listener of other podcasts, I listen more often to shorter ones and anything over an hour, I procrastinate on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and nobody else cares?"

I also find myself avoiding marathon length podcasts. 90 minutes or so seems to be my limit.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 992 comments Mod
Nadine wrote: "Jenny (Reading Envy) wrote: "I do wonder... I hear from some people that length doesn't matter. But as a listener of other podcasts, I listen more often to shorter ones and anything over an hour, I..."

Thanks Nadine. It helps to know! Sometimes I think about just dividing a long one in half but truth be told I like them tighter than that.

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeff_koeppen) | 177 comments An hour is probably my preferred podcast length but I don’t mind longer ones if they are interesting (like Film, Baby, Film for example). The last two shows were longer but really fun to listen to.

message 5: by Carol Ann (new)

Carol Ann (carolann1428) | 47 comments I agree with Jeff all the way.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Well it always depends on the guest but I don't mind a longer podcast. I always go to my book podcasts first and find myself avoiding ones that I like but given the state of the world might make me mad/sad.

message 7: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 257 comments I think it depends on the content. If things get boring for me I start to skip ahead.

message 8: by Marchpane (new)

Marchpane | 12 comments Agree the content makes a difference. I don't think I'd want to listen for 2 hours about a single book (eg a readalong special). But in general the length doesn't matter too much to me - I just break the longer ones into 20 - 30 minute chunks as that's my usual available window of listening time.