12. Animal Farm by George Orwell
Animal Farm
13. The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry
The Giver
14. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief
15. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Lord of the Flies

Above are the most popular to re-read classics according to the Popular to Re-read bookshelf on goodreads. Some are children's books and others are titles that we may have been assigned in high school or college.

Some people consider re-reading books to be a waste of time while others like to revisit their favourites at regular intervals and still others feel that you get something new out of a book each time you re-read it.

While perusing the list, I was feeling pretty good because I had read all of the titles on the list. But there are few titles that I re-read and none of them were on the most popular to re-read list.

My personal favourite book to re-read is Aesop's Fables. Aesop's Fables by Aesop
Aesop's Fables
The pictured version - was published by Grosset and Dunlap in 1947. My public library had a copy in a red cloth binding. I read it when I was 8 and then regularly re-read every since. I would pick it up when I was shelving books in high school and then eventually found myself a copy at the used bookstore. It occasionally comes back in print and I have purchased a couple of nicer copies in the intervening years. I have re-read them to my kids and I also like just to browse them whenever I see the book. I have read countless other versions of the fables over the years, but nothing compares to my first library version of Aesop.

Do you like to re-read books? What titles have a re-read most? Is there a title that you re-read regularly? Let us know.

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Northover | 6 comments Wuthering Heights.......Heathcliff!

Great Expectations......Mrs. Havisham!

message 3: by Brendan (new)

Brendan Main | 1 comments Heidi wrote: "Wuthering Heights.......Heathcliff!

Great Expectations......Mrs. Havisham!"

You mean, who would win in a fight? Touch choice.

On the one hand, I'm sure Miss Havisham's decrepit wedding gown restricts her movement. On the other hand, Heathcliff is pale and sickly from a life spent lurking on the moors.

Come to think of it, Miss Havisham is pretty sickly too. You know what, neither of these contenders is in any shape for this match. I'm calling this bout right now.