What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance : heroine insults hero about his title unknowingly at first meeting

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Looking for a historical romance novel:
All I can remember is that the hero was at a party, and bored to tears, with everyone clamoring to get his attention due to a high rank.
Then, I remember him finding the heroine outside the party, speaking to her in darkness, a mask from a masquerade, or both.
She, with nothing to lose, revealed she was super learned. I think I remember her specifically talking about philosophy, astronomy, and all kinds of un-ladylike topics.
Then, the hero took keen interest when she mimicked his exact title back to him mocking him, not knowing it was him. She stood out to him then.
Can't remember the plot much more, other than the hero trying to hold off on revealing his identity. Any one have any ideas?

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments It sounds like a Judith McNaught book. A lot of hers have sassy heroines and masquerades. There’s even a short story in a holiday anthology that might fit.

message 3: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2566 comments Not quite a match, but Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas has the heroine meet the hero without knowing his identity. As they talk, he realizes how educated she is. He doesn't let on to his identity.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40658 comments Mod
Sarah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tempt Me at Twilight (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Kleypas (other topics)