SciFi and Fantasy Book Club discussion

Recommendations and Lost Books > What the heck book is this???

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sven (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:18AM) (new)

Sven Bridstrup (sven62) | 6 comments Audible pushed a book ad to me on FB. I liked the publisher's description but I cannot remember the name of the book!!

It might be a new book. It is about a spaceship carrying people (humanity?) on a very long voyage in stasis. There is a section of the ship that's close off from the passengers - supposed to be the automated control of the ship. Someone wakes up and they go in the prohibited section and find a dead body. I believe it said the dead person was not part of the passenger list or whatever.

What book is this???

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith | 331 comments Sven wrote: "Audible pushed a book ad to me on FB. I liked the publisher's description but I cannot remember the name of the book!!

It might be a new book. It is about a spaceship carrying people (humanity?) o..."

Try Six Wakes

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (justiceofkalr) | 395 comments Maybe Pitch Dark? It's got a ship with people in stasis heading out from a failing earth and there are other people on the ship who aren't supposed to be when the crew unexpectedly start waking up from stasis.

message 4: by Sven (new)

Sven Bridstrup (sven62) | 6 comments Yup, I looked at Six Wakes.... not it. Not Pitch Dark either.

Thanks for trying!!

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 2287 comments Could it be YA? There's one from a few years ago I could try to dig up if you think it's possible. Told from the girl's POV or alternately, iirc.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2611 comments Is it The Man in the Tree by Sage Walker? Some of it doesn’t sound like it fits but it’s the closest I’ve seen.

message 7: by Karin (last edited Aug 14, 2018 05:47PM) (new)

Karin | 773 comments Sven wrote: "Audible pushed a book ad to me on FB. I liked the publisher's description but I cannot remember the name of the book!!

It might be a new book. It is about a spaceship carrying people (humanity?) o..."

This sounds VERY familiar, but I can't think of a name. Not either of the ones mentioned, either. Now it's bothering me because I think I might have read it, or at least started to read it. It might have been a y/a novel, but I didn't find it under the first of my scifi shelves I looked in, which means nothing since I don't shelve every book I read.

message 8: by Sven (new)

Sven Bridstrup (sven62) | 6 comments Thanks for the energy! Still looking for this title. I don't think it is YA. I don't get ads for ya. I think it's a new book.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2611 comments Have you tried clicking around on Facebook or amazon or audible and seeing what comes up in your ads/suggestions? I feel like if I see an ad once from them I see it a hundred times.

This sounds terribly familiar to me also but I’ve scoured my TBR and can’t find anything.

message 10: by Sven (new)

Sven Bridstrup (sven62) | 6 comments Sarah, HA! ... I was actually using that tactic. Guess what?
FOUND IT!! It just came back up in my feed.

The book is Forgotten: The Forgotten Series, Book 1, by M.R.Forbes

Thanks everyone!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2611 comments Haha! Who knew ads were useful for something? Lol. I think I’ll add this too, sounds intriguing, so thanks for the update!

message 12: by Anna, Circadian heretic (last edited Aug 16, 2018 11:02AM) (new)

Anna (vegfic) | 9646 comments Mod
Let's hope the first line of the blurb isn't an omen! :D

Forgotten

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2611 comments Haha!