75 Books...More or Less! discussion

2016-2022 Chat > The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7994 comments Mod
Don't know if y'all caught it, ads like whoa all over Goodreads lol, but The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society is now on Netflix! I watched it over the weekend and it was adorable. Made me want to re-read the book! Or read it for the first time since I listened to it previously and then bought the paperback at a library sale.

Have you watched it yet?

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Yes waiting to buy my copy I loved it. I thought they did an excellent job adapting the book considering it is a lot of letters. Wasn’t disappointed at all, I didn’t think it really needed to have the sister in it. I love lily James.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne I love the section where she talks about books and bookstores. And why people sell books.

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Yes, it was a great adaptation and I did not miss the sister. lol.

message 5: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1607 comments I haven't seen it yet, but I need to make time for it! And then re-read the book, because obviously.

message 6: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Charleen wrote: "I haven't seen it yet, but I need to make time for it! And then re-read the book, because obviously."

Yes, make time! It was so cute! I gotta fit in re-reading the book soon!

message 7: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4140 comments Mod
Ohhh ohhh been dying to see this movie!

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 1494 comments I just knew there would be a discussion on this group about this movie. LOVED THE BOOK, LOVED THE MOVIE. I was crying my eyes out and needed to find some people would understand my tears. This was such a beautiful book and the adaption brings that love of books to life. I would highly recommend the book and the movie. We here are like our own literary club and I am so grateful for this community.

message 9: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Patricia wrote: "I just knew there would be a discussion on this group about this movie. LOVED THE BOOK, LOVED THE MOVIE. I was crying my eyes out and needed to find some people would understand my tears. This was ..."

Yes, I adored it!! I thought they did a fantastic job adapting it. I cried too!