Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > New Study: Up to 90% of money contains traces of cocaine

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg...

sniffs money

Just smells like money to me.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments The scientists collected U.S. banknotes from 17 U.S. cities and found that larger cities like Baltimore, Boston, and Detroit had among the highest average cocaine levels. Washington, D.C., ranked above the average, with 95 percent of the banknotes sampled contaminated with the drug. The lowest average cocaine levels in U.S. currency appeared in bills collected from Salt Lake City.

I think Olympia's too small for much cocaine use.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments How do they collect their numbers?

Do they test EVERY single bill that's distributed through those cities? Are they counting just 1's or are they including 5's, 10's, 20's, 50's, 100's, and even $2 bills? Are they looking at the possibility that people who don't use drugs typically use debit or credit... or maybe even checks?

I say, whatev.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You see, I can tell Heidi works in a research environment from all those questions...

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17340 comments Mod
For some reason when I see the title of this thread I see "90% of monkey ... cocaine" I think my brain might be on the fritz.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Have you been handling money much lately, Sally? ;)

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Nothing but many monkeys.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments You've been handling many monkeys???

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

mostly. maybe the occasional marsupial.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Marvellous!

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

I think it should be 90% of the monkey contains cocaine. His toes are as clean as a preacher's daughter.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Who's been giving the monkey cocaine? It was ALREADY swinging from the rafters, and NOW look at it!

message 13: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Maybe we should try a platypus... they are notoriously clean.

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments "Cocaine Monkeys" would be a great band name.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments or Crack Monkeys

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Crack Marsupials

Sally, you should really wash your hands after handling strange animals (or people, for that matter).

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

Larry's back!

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) With vigor! (Thanks for noticing)

message 19: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) One thing this study did NOT reveal: can you get a contact high from a $20 bill. If so, I'm getting my hands on a lot of $20s!!!

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't think so gus. i think the benjamin is the deal. 20's and 5's smell like weed and singles are more likely to be tainted with stripper sweat

message 21: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I was hoping some $20s would be tainted. I may be middle-class, but I don't seem to be swimming in enough benjamins to satisfy my curiosity.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments right gus. ever notice that five 20's just doesn't have the same feel as a hundred bill? when i have a few benny's i feel total gangsta. makes me wanna get a diamond K in my front toof and loosen my belt

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Baltimore represents! It's not really any surprise to me that our money would show traces of cocaine. Our city is awash in drug money. Sigh.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

"toof"?

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments "toof" is how you say "tooth" when you've got a big diamond grill getting in the way of your speech.
[image error]

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yaaaaaaaa - booooooiiiiiiiiiii

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) teef

message 28: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Kev, I'm wondering how you know about the stripper sweat... does it have a particular smell? Hmmmmmm.

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments you hear things

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.