Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Readers for a Jane Austen Variation - Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Benna | 3 comments So, I am hoping I can entice a few beta readers who happen to love Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice to read an Austen-inspired variation of said novel. My own variation is complete at 95K words. I'm looking for any reaction you may have - give me your worst, give me your best, give me your honesty. Also, general feedback on plot, flow, proofing etc. would be appreciated.

Quick plot synopsis:

"Echoes of a Storm: A Pride & Prejudice Variation"

In Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Bennet first meets Mr. Darcy at a Meryton assembly. But what if their first encounter occurs two years earlier as a blizzard bears down on Derbyshire, forcing the two together in order to survive the storm. The consequences of their fortuitous meeting haunt them until they cross paths again, as first (and sublimely) envisioned by Jane Austen.

Misunderstandings, trials and errors plague their journey. Passion and need press against their conscience and duty. Their paths are forever entwined, taking them down dark, altering roads. The strength of one must save the other.

Mild scenes of sexual content, not explicit.

Let me know if you are interested, I can likely get the novel to you in any format (.docx, .doc, PDF, .mobi, etc.)

My email: chessiejenna@aol.com (Don't judge me for the aol account, my gmail app is used for school - if necessary, I will provide another 100 pathetic excuses so you don't make too much fun of me).

Thanks and I hope to hear from a few of you (or more),
Jenna

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Benna | 3 comments I haven't gotten any bites, so I'm going to try adding a bit of a longer summary.

"Echoes of a Storm: A Pride & Prejudice Variation"

In Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth Bennet first meets Mr. Darcy at a Meryton assembly. But what if their first encounter occurs two years earlier as a blizzard bears down on Derbyshire, forcing the two together in order to survive the storm. The consequences of their fortuitous meeting haunt them until they cross paths again, as first (and sublimely) envisioned by Jane Austen.

Unexpectedly faced with the man who first saved her life and then left her in shame and disgrace, Elizabeth Bennet must wade through a battle of secrets, betrayal and most inconveniently, unsettled affections. Shielding her family from infamy begins to consume Elizabeth, drawing her further away from those she loves most in order to protect the greatest of secrets. And then there is Mr. Darcy, a man she only wishes to forever escape, yet he always seems to be near, tugging at the seams barely holding her together.

When Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are once more separated, it might indeed be their last. Misfortune strikes in the most daunting of manners. They are sent on a journey down dark and life-altering roads. Passion and need press against conscience and duty. The strength of one must save the other.

Mild scenes of sexual content, not explicit.

---

As before, you can email me at chessiejenna@aol.com or reply here. I'm not available through carrier pigeon, too much poop.

Thanks,
Jenna

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1 comments When this was posted on www.darcyandlizzy.com, I was greatly intrigued by quite a story and impressed by its professionalism. Darcy and Lizzy’s son did appear suddenly, and then Lizzy was thrown out with nowhere to go and left in horrible condition after being betrayed by every one. Fortunately I caught this to read the last part twice. Is this amazing novel a first effort, or are there other works out there? Thanks for sharing S much as you did. Donna K