What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1990s (or 80s) juvenile fiction - bunch of kids going to (middle?) school together. Either "cafeteria" is in series name or maybe they hang out in cafeteria a lot.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Cheney (jazzy_fizzle) | 1 comments One book has to do with inventing something. One character (Diego?) invents food flavoring that changes flavor. I remember the flavoring invention was dispensed in a salt shaker, but once the flavor crystals touch your hand they pop up, become larger rainbow colored gems, and I think when you put them in your mouth the flavor cycles through a variety of different flavors. There may have also been something about inventing something for space /astronauts, but I'm not sure if that was the same book or a different one in the series.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1530 comments Any chance it could have been the 18 Pine Street series? I don't remember the specific plot you mentioned, but it was about a group of teens meeting up at a cafe (18 Pine St was the address). Book list here: https://www.goodreads.com/series/5236...

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2515 comments Worldcat.org
Search results for 'kw:Schools inventions' > '1980..1999' > 'Book' > 'Fiction' > 'English' > 'Juvenile' > 'Patricia Reilly Giff'

Snaggle doodles

Author: Patricia Reilly Giff; Blanche Sims
Publisher: New York : Delacorte Press, 1986, ©1985.
Edition/Format: Print book : Fiction : Juvenile audience : EnglishView all editions and formats
Summary:
Emily Arrow has two problems, trying to work in her invention group with bossy Linda Lorca in charge and thinking of a wedding present for Ms. Vincent, the student teacher.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
Kat, are you still looking for this or did you find it?