Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Hoarder or Collector?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments We're a lover of books. We love pretty covers with an interesting story. We just want all the books. Sometimes others say we have a "book hoarding" problem. Do you see yourself as a book hoarder or a book collector?

message 3: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) both! I hoard my books, and i definitely have a problem with buying more books than i can read. but, to us, it’s definitely a collection because it’s something we care about.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Collector. I guess both is true, but I just prefer the word^^

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 36 comments In general, a collector. I just write hoarder because my to read - pile gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

Plus, I don´t have enough special editions wrapped up in foil to call myself a real collector. And I don´t dust the books every day.

I am just your ordinary booklover (kitten) =^-^=

message 6: by Tania (new)

Tania Definitely a hoarder-collecter......I read on a kindle which makes collecting/hoarding just way to easy

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) I'm a collector, I only buy books I either like or know I will like and frequently rearrange my bookshelf and make it look nice

message 8: by natalia (new)

natalia | 88 comments Same, definitely a collector. I also like to dress up my bookshelves with strange things I find, kinda like knick-knacks

message 9: by Danni (new)

Danni lynn ❤ (danni_lynn88) | 52 comments hoarder lol i need to read them ALL

The Daydreamologist (thedaydreamologist) Collector. I still don't consider my books enough to be a hoarder's .

message 11: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments I used call my myself a collector, this year I have gained so many wonderful books that I don't know where to put them. I guess that makes me a hoarder. XD

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Nope, you will never get me to admit to being a hoarder. 3k books in dead tree format and another 6 or 7k on my Nook and my Kindle. That doesn't make me a hoarder, just a major book lover.

message 13: by Nyla (new)

Nyla (nylap) | 71 comments Funny, but I recently read a book on the subject of hoarding. (Which, for the record, I did buy and add to my collection!)
Stuff Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost
After reading this, I think I can comfortably say that I am a book collector, since my collection does not disrupt my social, mental, physical, or family health and well-being. In fact, I think my books actually improve those aspects of my life. So, collector, definitely.

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments Collector. I decorate my shelves and make them look all pretty with knick knacks and things. Haha. But also a hoarder because if you try to make me rid myself of ANY of them. . . *hisses*

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Myla, is that the definition of hoarder? If so I'm definitely a collector. (The fact that I sleep with my books has no bearing on that statement. I just fall asleep while reading sometimes.)

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 36 comments Nyla wrote: "Funny, but I recently read a book on the subject of hoarding. (Which, for the record, I did buy and add to my collection!)
Stuff Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost
..."

Ok, collector then *is relieved*
=^-^=

message 17: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments Collector, boarding on hoarder lol

message 18: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta Iiiiiii have had to move house due to having Too Much Stuff (books and other collections), so yes, I would have to call myself a hoarder...

message 19: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Cendaquenta wrote: "Iiiiiii have had to move house due to having Too Much Stuff (books and other collections), so yes, I would have to call myself a hoarder..."

I'm dreaming about winning the lottery and moving to a bigger place too, with an enormous library lol

message 20: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta I've been trying to get the room that will be a library set up for... 2-and-a-half, 3 years, ish. 😅

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Susy, I too dream of winning the lottery--just so that I can buy myself a library. Not a house with a library in it--a library period. Oh, and then I'd buy myself a new house.

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments I will say hoarder because I buy a lot of books on my e-reader and in paper. I have not read as many as I own.

message 23: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 21 comments Border I love to collect all the books but I unhaul ones I didn't like

message 24: by Sharmi (new)

Sharmi (sharmi_a5) | 257 comments Collector

message 25: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) Collector.

To me, "hoarder" means you collect all books regardless of whether you want to read them; you just want lots and lots of books.

message 26: by Pillsonista (last edited Sep 20, 2019 02:06PM) (new)

Pillsonista | 17 comments Collector and hoarder. Certain books I keep in the house, while other books are shelved in the garage.

But I can't pass by a clearance section without saving something. It's a congenital inability that I can't/refuse to control.