Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

It Takes Death to Reach a Star
This topic is about It Takes Death to Reach a Star
Book Promotions > Vote for Faith-Based Fiction in the 2018 Dragon Awards!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Friends,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and see if I can enlist your help. My name is Stu Jones and I'm a SWAT Sniper and Sci-Fi author from Alabama whose first trilogy (Action of Purpose) was strongly faith-based.

My fourth novel, a futuristic thriller titled It Takes Death To Reach A Star, was written with a good friend, Author Gareth Worthington (Children of the Fifth Sun) who happens to be an Atheist. What we set out to do was tell an exciting story through two opposing perspectives in an attempt to get our readers to chew on some of the very toughest questions that humanity faces. From my point of view, it is my hope that people who would never pick up a "Christian" book will read ours and deeply consider the questions we pose through the lens of faith.

This endeavor was a pipe dream to begin with - so you can imagine our surprise when Star won the science fiction category at the 2018 New York Book Festival. A few weeks later, it was announced that our novel was a finalist for the 2018 CYGNUS Awards. And most recently, we were announced as finalists at the 2018 Dragon Awards alongside Andy Weir's Artemis and James S.A. Corey (The Expanse).

Mind blown.

I know we don't have a chance in HE-double-hockey-sticks at beating out Weir and Corey, but we have to try.

Here is my petition to you: Check out what we're doing at www.ittakesdeathtoreachastar.com to find out more. Then help Star find its voice and let’s show the world that we support speculative fiction that contains MAJOR THEMES OF FAITH as an integral part of the story.

Please consider doing this by signing up for your ballot and voting for It Takes Death To Reach A Star in the 2018 Dragon Awards below.

http://application.dragoncon.org/dc_f...

Thank you for your support, and God Bless each of you.

Stu
www.stujonesfiction.com

message 2: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Younghusband (peteryounghusband) | 67 comments Have bought the novel and applied to vote

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara Lee | 507 comments Mod
Congratulations on the awards! It sounds like a fascinating book!

message 4: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Peter wrote: "Have bought the novel and applied to vote"

Thank You, Peter!

message 5: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Lara wrote: "Congratulations on the awards! It sounds like a fascinating book!"

Thank You!

message 6: by R.J. (new) - added it

R.J. Rodda (rjrodda) | 3 comments Sounds really interesting. Well done!

message 7: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Rebekah wrote: "Sounds really interesting. Well done!"

Thank you, Rebekah. :)

message 8: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter Younghusband (peteryounghusband) | 67 comments Have voted!

message 9: by Cortez (new)

Cortez III | 89 comments Congrats, Stu!

message 10: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Peter wrote: "Have voted!"

Thanks!

message 11: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Cortez wrote: "Congrats, Stu!"

Thank you, Cortez.

message 12: by Stu (new)

Stu | 9 comments Ella wrote: "Wow, best of congratulations to a fellow Alabama author!"

Thank you, Ella. ;)