Children's Books discussion

Resources: awards, clubs. etc. > Picture Book Club for Kids

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by V (new)

V | 11 comments Would anyone be interested in joining a children's book club with their little ones? I know that we sometimes include our little ones' reactions to the books we discuss, but that is not our focus so much. I am starting an online book club for caregivers and kids, and thought some of our group members might have interest. There will be two books twice a month, with discussion questions and a suggested craft. I am going to be running it through my Facebook page, where participants can share their kids' thoughts and photos of the projects. If this is not the right forum for this invitation, please let me know! If this is an appropriate place to invite you, then I extend you an invitation. The first two books for September are going to be Tiny, Perfect Things and Alma and How She Got Her Name . If you are interested, here's the link to my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/winemilkbooks/

message 2: by Cheryl , Newbery Club host (last edited Aug 20, 2018 08:11AM) (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 6849 comments Mod
This looks potentially wonderful and if I had a child I would be looking into it. I do have to move the thread, though.

Technically speaking I should move it to Promotional, but I assume you're not charging a fee or selling anything (right?) so I've moved it to the Resources folder, which includes Clubs.

message 3: by V (new)

V | 11 comments Cheryl wrote: "This looks potentially wonderful and if I had a child I would be looking into it. I do have to move the thread, though, as this folder really is for PB Club threads.

Technically speaking I should ..."

Thank you. I wasn't sure where would be best, and no, I'm not charging a fee or selling anything. I'm trying to connect with other families through shared reading.

message 4: by Cheryl , Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 6849 comments Mod
Thank you, and Good Luck!

message 5: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 2275 comments That sounds like fun. I don't see my nieces and nephews that often and they don't focus on books when they do visit. I would have joined a book club like that when my brother and his family lived with us when my niece was younger.