What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Finisher (Vega Jane, #1)
This topic is about The Finisher
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl works in a factory. Her friend has escaped to the woods/forest, which is forbidden due to it being dangerous and full of strange creatures. She works in a factory, and has a gifted brother. Spoilers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Estrada | 5 comments She works in a factory, which she doesnt like. She goes there at night for some reason or other, and finds that there are some of the dangerous, mythological, rumored creatures that they are to never see guarding the entrance of something at the top of the stairs. She hallucinates and sees blood in the walls after passing said creatures. She finds a metal chain, which has a name (i want to say Jackson?) engraved into it. The chain goes around her waist, under her clothes, and can make her fly. She escaped from her workplace and starts to practice flying with the chain. All the while, her friend is out in the forbidden woods. His name starts with a G or a Q, and he had left her letters. They come to investigate her, since they were openly friends. She throws them off and says she knows nothing (and she doesnt, but she does have the letters from him, which dont mention anything, if memory serves). She has a little brother who is gifted with a grand intellect. One of the powerful women in the town wants to take him with her. She suceeds, for the girl wants her little brother to have a good life full of riches (which he can have with the lady). She visits him as much as she can, but is soon told to stop doing so. She goes to a restaurant with the money-gold coins?- given to her (by the lady, I believe) and also goes to a clothing shop, where she gets a new outfit. It at least has a sequel. Please help me. This is an itch that i havent been able to scratch for at least a year. Thank you!

message 2: by SBC (new) - added it

SBC (essbeecee) | 988 comments This seems familiar. Maybe Elizabeth C. Bunce's A Curse Dark as Gold?

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Estrada | 5 comments SBC wrote: "This seems familiar. Maybe Elizabeth C. Bunce's A Curse Dark as Gold?"
I found the book! It was The Finisher by David Baldacci.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...