What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

November of the Heart
This topic is about November of the Heart
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance Novel: The MCs are a rich girl and a male servant. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Gin-Dozier | 4 comments I read this book between 2006-2009 but I suspect it's older. It was about a girl from a wealthy family who's a virgin. She's charmed by one of her family's male servants. He's into making boats btw. Their first date(?) was a picnic - he rowed her to some secluded spot. She has a female best friend who is definitely not a virgin but the difference is that the book heroine gets caught - she's pregnant for the guy and is sent away to have her child elsewhere. The young man has a lot of bitter feelings towards her and later in the story he decides to pit his boat against her father's (?) boat...and other sailors in some sort of race. I think this is where she acknowledges him in front of everyone and all ends well....that's all I remember. Hope it's enough... I know it's a bit vague 😅

Annamariah | 283 comments It's been years since I read it, but as far as I remember, November of the Heart by LaVyrle Spencer fits your description perfectly. It's one of the first (if not the first) historical romance novels I ever read :)

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Gin-Dozier | 4 comments I really love this group. I've been trying to remember for years! Thank you so much, I read it when I was 15 or 16 and I've tried to remember since then 😅

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :)

I checked, and it actually is the very first historical romance novel I ever read back in my early teens. The funny thing is that when I first saw this topic, I thought the book you were looking for might be the last one I read just two weeks ago (Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas). These two are probably the only ones I have read in which the heroine is a rich girl who falls in love with a servant :D