Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 1st Chapter exchange? (possibly your entire novel)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BeARiot (new)

BeARiot | 1 comments Hi, my name is Charlie. I am looking for a few people to beta read the first chapter of my novel in exchange for me reading theirs. If I really like your chapter and the story seems to be my cup of tea, I am up for beta reading your entire novel.

I am nearly finished editing the third draft of my novel, just not quite ready to show the full thing to beta readers at the moment. If you do like it and want to read the rest of it when its ready, then that's great. If not, that's fine too, no pressure lol

Right now, I want to know if I have a strong opening to my story and what impressions people get from it.

My novel is a new adult contemporary fantasy set in Edinburgh over the Christmas period.

I am up for reading anything, fiction or non-fiction. However, my main interests are NA, YA, fantasy, sci-fi, horror and contemporary.

Thank you, and I look forward to exchanging with you! :D

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil Hill | 3 comments Hi - happy to help (exchange) looking for similar. NA, Crime, Sci-Fi & Horror are good for me.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Gregory | 9 comments I’ll throw my hat in the ring. Looking for a swap as well. First chapters fine.

message 4: by Sen (new)

Sen Jayaprakasam | 4 comments I'd be happy for a swap as well. I've written a YA/NA contemporary thriller.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Smith | 4 comments Hi! I’m willing to swap first chapter if still interested!

message 6: by Rose (new)

Rose | 22 comments If you're still looking for people to swap with I could use some help with my first chapter/ whole novel.

message 7: by Oksana (new)

Oksana W | 140 comments Hello if you are still interested in swapping either the first chapter or an entire novel and like historical fiction please send me a message here or at AWCardiff@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Holden | 2 comments Hi Charlie,
Looks as though you have some interest here. If you're still looking for the right fit, please message me if you're up for a look at dark science fiction in return for a thorough beta read from me.
Regards,
Chris

message 9: by David (new)

David Malcolm | 6 comments Are you still looking? I'd be happy to do a first chapter swap.

message 10: by Evette (new)

Evette | 43 comments I have more of character driven YA very near historical 2001-2002 about a girl entering her freshman year of her church's academy

message 11: by Author (new)

Author Cb carter | 16 comments Hi Charlie,

I'm interested and have my first chapter ready for a swap.

Chas

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie Guay-de la ronde | 59 comments I'm interested!

message 13: by David (new)

David Wilson | 109 comments Hi Charlie, I'm happy to swap also if you aren't overwhelmed yet.

I have a YA fantasy adventure set in the 16th century.

David