UAPL Adult Services discussion

Book Discussions > Books of 2018

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Now that we are more than halfway through 2018, what are some of your favorite books published this year? Is there a book that hasn’t been published yet, or you’re currently on hold for, that you are anxiously awaiting?

One of the best books I read this year was Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover, which chronicles her life growing up in the Idaho mountains to survivalist parents, and her journey to learn.

Educated A Memoir by Tara Westover

Two books that I am eagerly awaiting are An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena and I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara.

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena I'll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 12 comments I am waiting for the new Louise Penney.

message 3: by Marcia (new)

Marcia | 36 comments For those who like reading mysteries I would like to suggest The Bankers Wife by Cristina Alger. It has many twists and turns and it keeps you on the edge of your seat

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby Marcia wrote: "For those who like reading mysteries I would like to suggest The Bankers Wife by Cristina Alger. It has many twists and turns and it keeps you on the edge of your seat"

I've heard a lot of great things about this book. Glad you enjoyed it!