Letter Writers Alliance Book Club discussion

Book Discussion > Death Takes Priority (Postmistress Mystery #1)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (16sparrows) | 45 comments Mod
We are going to do a Mystery for our Fall book! Death Takes Priority

There is a bit of a change as to how we will be doing the book discussions. Instead of a live video discussion, we will be writing up a newsletter that you can either download to read or sending in a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) to get a physical copy to read.

The L.W.A. Book Club newsletter will have a cut-out postcard for you to write your thoughts about the book on and mail back to us. We will choose some of the comments about the book in the next newsletter. We hope this structure allows more member discussion about the book while also taking us back to our mail roots!

I will post when the inaugural Book Club newsletter is available. The first newsletter will be an intro to the new format and have the mail-in postcard for you to write to us.

message 2: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 1 comments Sounds fun!

message 3: by Glauber (new)

Glauber Ribeiro (theglauber) | 11 comments I LOVE IT! Both the book choice and the old school interaction. When are we supposed to start reading?

message 4: by Kathy (new)

You can start reading now! The introductory newsletter with the first mail-in comment postcard will be ready next month.

Glauber wrote: "I LOVE IT! Both the book choice and the old school interaction. When are we supposed to start reading?"

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (goodreadscomuser_kimberlyah) | 1 comments Oooh, a newsletter! I love this idea! Death Takes Priority is such a good end-of-summer read, it’s fast and fun, and full of nerdy postal details.

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margaretlandis) | 2 comments This will be fun! I love getting newsletters/zines, plus hopefully more discussion!

message 7: by Delores (new)

Delores (wellreadzebra) | 4 comments I love the idea of a newsletter also!

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim (chevy49girl) | 1 comments Ooo! This sounds great!

message 9: by Paula (new)

Paula | 1 comments I'm in!

message 10: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (reankay) | 1 comments Love that!

message 11: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle (nicollemk) | 1 comments What a great way to do the discussion, I just finished the book today.

message 12: by Marcie (new)

Marcie | 1 comments Ordered my book yesterday. Haven't read a mystery in a while - excited!

message 13: by Bardbooks (new)

Bardbooks | 10 comments My copy just arrived, one day ahead of Hurricane Florence. Looks like I'll have lots of time to read as Flo blows right over my city this weekend.

message 14: by Kathy (new)

Hey all! The first issue of the newsletter is ready! You can download a PDF or send in a SASE to get a printed copy. Get more info on our introductory L.W.A. Book Club Newsletter here: https://letterwriters.org/products/bo...

message 15: by Bardbooks (new)

Bardbooks | 10 comments Kathy wrote: "Hey all! The first issue of the newsletter is ready! You can download a PDF or send in a SASE to get a printed copy. Get more info on our introductory L.W.A. Book Club Newsletter here: https://lett..."

Cool beans. Curious: What weight paper did you choose for the newsletter? I'm thinking of the cut-out postcard ... and sending a SASE envelope. no. 10?

message 16: by Kathy (last edited Sep 15, 2018 07:17AM) (new)

Cool beans. Curious: What weight paper did you choose for the newsletter? I'm thinking of the cut-out postcard ... and sending a SASE envelope. no. 10?

Bardbooks: A no. 10 envelope is great for the newsletter; we would just fold it. We printed it on paper thicker than normal printer paper, but not cardstock. So, the cut-out response would have to be mailed back in an envelope. It is likely too floppy on its own to be mailed without an enclosure.

message 17: by Bardbooks (new)

Bardbooks | 10 comments Kathy wrote: "Cool beans. Curious: What weight paper did you choose for the newsletter? I'm thinking of the cut-out postcard ... and sending a SASE envelope. no. 10?

Bardbooks: A no. 10 envelope is great for th..."

Ahhhhhhh! I was thinking the postcard cut-out would be mailed back as a postcard, no eps. Thank you :-)