Christian Books discussion

General > Do You Love The Truth?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 142 comments "(11) My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. (12) Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food ." (Job 23:11-12)

WOW! Job says that he esteemed the words of God’s mouth as more important than food essential to keep him alive. Can we say that ? (see Job 23:11-12) Here are some simple questions to ask:

• How many times per day do we eat ?
• How many times per day do we read the Bible ?

How great a premium do we place on time spent with God, in His Word?

Click below for a brief (one page - double-sided - tri-fold) Bible study:
http://www.christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

message 2: by Robert A. L. (new)

Robert A. L. (goodreadscomrobert_a_l_blake) | 5 comments Another way to look at your challenging questions in response would be to ask: How many days have we gone without eating? Contrast that with how many days have we not read the Bible or prayed? In the allotted 24 hours that we each have, we by default create a hierarchy of what we feel are necessities to daily living. If we would stop and consider that if God’s ways are higher than our ways, surely His priorities for us perhaps might be a bit different than our perspectives. Perhaps we should reconsider!