Christian Readers discussion

Scripture Memorization > Do You Love The Truth?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1854 comments Mod
"(11) My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. (12) Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food ." (Job 23:11-12)

WOW! Job says that he esteemed the words of God’s mouth as more important than food essential to keep him alive. Can we say that ? (see Job 23:11-12) Here are some simple questions to ask:

• How many times per day do we eat ?
• How many times per day do we read the Bible ?

How great a premium do we place on time spent with God, in His Word?

Click below for a brief (one page - double-sided - tri-fold) Bible study:
http://www.christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Yes!

Now share this Love of the Word AND Christ.

message 3: by Robert (last edited Aug 13, 2018 10:16AM) (new)

Rod wrote: "Yes!

Now share this Love of the Word AND Christ."

Will do...

TRUTH = John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

1 John 2:2 - "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world ."

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Rod wrote: "Yes!

Me too!

Now share this Love of the Word AND Christ."

Seconded.

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve | 113 comments A lot of horse blood and brain matter in this thread already...

message 6: by Robert (new)

Steve wrote: "A lot of horse blood and brain matter in this thread already..."

My response: What?????

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure either about Steve's comment.

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Sylvia wrote: "Not sure either about Steve's comment."

I believe Steve is referring to something that came up in another thread, about beating a dead horse ;)

message 9: by Steve (new)

Steve | 113 comments That’s the truth. Any thread that Robert participates in is like every other thread he participates in....

message 10: by Robert (new)

Steve wrote: "That’s the truth. Any thread that Robert participates in is like every other thread he participates in...."

My response: I was hoping to avoid the nonsense but I see that Steve has not had enough yet.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The original message by Robert is great. For God so loved the world. I keep looking at the world and wondering what is happening to everyone?

message 12: by Robert (new)

Sylvia wrote: "The original message by Robert is great. For God so loved the world. I keep looking at the world and wondering what is happening to everyone?"

Thank you Sylvia, and amen!

message 13: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle The worlds doing fine. It's the rebellious people that are the problem

message 14: by Robert (new)

Rod wrote: "The worlds doing fine. It's the rebellious people that are the problem"

Romans 8:22 - "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

message 15: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Rod wrote: "The worlds doing fine. It's the rebellious people that are the problem"

Including Christians unfortunately, many who admonish others to submit to Christian behavior and attitudes, but refuse to look in a mirror

message 16: by Robert (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Rod wrote: "The worlds doing fine. It's the rebellious people that are the problem"

Including Christians unfortunately, many who admonish others to submit to Christian behavior and attitudes, but ..."

This is so true. For example, you compared another Christian to Hitler in another thread... just because they did not agree with you.

message 17: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle By Fine: I mean - according to God's plan. He ain't losing sleep over it.

But us humans? Damn! Maybe He does owe Sodom & Gomorrah an apology.

message 18: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Great verse Robert. Well sighted.

Romans 8
22 For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.

message 19: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Rod wrote: "The worlds doing fine. It's the rebellious people that are the problem"

Including Christians unfortunately, many who admonish others to submit to Christian behavior a..."

For example you continuing to lie about others with absolutely no conscience or conviction.

message 20: by Robert (last edited Aug 15, 2018 12:12PM) (new)

Alexandra wrote: "For example you continuing to lie about others with absolutely no conscience or conviction. .."

My response: You DID compare another person to Hitler … that is no lie... and when I have time, I will post links again... (since you seem to desire to keep on with your self-justification .)

SAD

message 21: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 632 comments 11: Sylvia: "For God so loved the world;" Can you for just a minute consider that mabe God doesn't love everybody as the preachers will tell you, after all there would be no money in the truth. It is not love but righteousness that mankind must strive for to live with God in His kingdom. St Matthew 6:33

The animal sacrifices in Leviticus, did God love the animals? No, it was for righteousness sake.

Did God love all the people, and animals that were drowned in the days of Noah. There were only eight people that was on the boat. When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah How much love did that show, they could,t find 10 rightous people. It doesn't say they coudn't find 10 that loved God.

Then we have the verse in Genesis 6:6 "And it repented (grieved) the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." The preachers are lying to you.

At the end time how many people are going to be left in the world? You should read again the 24 chapter of St Matthew.

message 22: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "11: Sylvia: "For God so loved the world;" Can you for just a minute consider that mabe God doesn't love everybody as the preachers will tell you, after all there would be no money in the truth. It ..."

My response: Sylvia, for your information, Mickey is delusional. He thinks that he is Elijah... even though Jesus told us that John the Baptist was Elijah who was to come.

message 23: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "He thinks that he is Elijah... "

Be that as it may, how about addressing his point. Does Scripture affirm that God loves everyone, or does it state differently?

message 24: by Robert (new)

Proverbs 26:4

message 25: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 15, 2018 07:46PM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "Proverbs 26:4"

If you don't know the answer Robert, better to simply admit it ;) I must say I'm a bit surprised though. I would have thought someone as familiar with the Bible as you are would be able to answer that one pretty easily.

message 26: by Robert (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Robert wrote: "Proverbs 26:4" If you don't know the answer Robert, better to simply admit it ;) I must say I'm a bit surprised though. I would have thought someone as familiar with the Bible as yo..."

My response: I provided you with the answer. Obviously you did not bother to look it up... Proverbs 26:4

I am obeying the Word of God...

message 27: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 16, 2018 08:35AM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: " I provided you with the answer.

No, you did not.

Obviously you did not bother to look it up... Proverbs 26:4

Obviously you're making erroneous assumptions, yet again.

I am obeying the Word of God... "

No, you merely claim that you are, yet ripping passages out of context in order to twist them to serve your selfish purposes, which is quite a different thing altogether.

Mickey is asserting that perhaps God doesn't love everyone.
What is obvious is that you either do not know the answer, or do not want to give the answer, and are yet again deflecting away from that point and attempting to derail the topic.

message 28: by Robert (new)

Alexandra wrote: "No, you did not...."

My response: So you are LYING again (still). Here are the links to my previous answers...

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Are you going to compare me to Hitler like you did to Joel in this thread?

message 29: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 16, 2018 09:16AM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "So you are LYING again (still).

No, Robert, I am not. You are bearing false witness (again).

Here are the links to my previous answers..."

That is a response, but not an answer.

Are you going to compare me to Hitler like you did to Joel in this thread?

See Steve's post: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

You're proving his point (again).

What is obvious is that you either do not know the answer, or do not want to give the answer, and are yet again deflecting away from that point and attempting to derail the topic.

You love to make things personal, rather than attempt to actually address the substance. And here you are at it, once again.

message 30: by Robert (new)

Alexandra wrote: "No, Robert, I am not. You are bearing false witness (again)..."

My response: Not me. You are the one who LIES about people repeatedly... then you get CAUGHT LYING… then you JUSTIFY LYING

I will post links soon to all of this.

And you DID compare Joel to Hitler (anyone can click this link and prove this)

message 31: by Robert (new)

Alexandra wrote: "You love to make things personal,..."

My response: Not me... YOU started the LYING once again.

If you did not get personal, you would have accepted that obedience to Proverbs 26:4 was at least possibly the correct response to Mickey's question.

(Let me quote it for you, since you clearly did not bother to look it up.)

Proverbs 26:4 - "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him."

message 32: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 16, 2018 01:34PM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "If you did not get personal, you would have accepted that obedience to Proverbs 26:4 was at least possibly the correct response to Mickey's question."

It was I who asked you the question, due to what Mickey brought up, and you who turned the thread personal. As you typically do, for obvious reasons I've already pointed out numerous times. I certainly do not need to accept your personal opinion about anything.

"(Let me quote it for you, since you clearly did not bother to look it up.)

Proverbs 26:4 - "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him." "

It is actually fairly obvious I'm quite aware of what that verse says, which is why I knew it wasn't actually an answer to the question, and I was aware of the fact that you ripped it out of context in order to twist them to serve your selfish purposes, as I've already pointed out.

Now, back to the actual substantive issue: Does Scripture affirm that God loves everyone, or does it state differently?

Clearly you do not know.

Regardless of your opinion regarding persons, it's an interesting question, one you might ponder, and see what Scripture says on the matter.

Do you have anything of actual substance to contribute, or are you going to continue to insist on derailing the conversation further with your insults and deflections? That's a rhetorical question, I think we all know the answer.

message 33: by Robert (last edited Aug 16, 2018 03:15PM) (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Do you have anything of actual substance to contribute, or are you going to continue to insist on derailing the conversation further with your insults and deflections?..."

My response: As YOU admitted YOURSELF... it is YOU who derails conversations...

Anyone can click this link for your admission in another thread... and because you like to puff yourself up and hear yourself talk... you are doing it again here...

She apologized for derailing a thread (Message # 179 and she continues at least until Message # 322 )

message 34: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 632 comments The preachers believe the Bible (Literally) that is why they are in trouble Or they just make something up. They are not fooling God, any In Jeremiah it reads they steel verses from the Bible and why not when they are not saved. Jeremiah 23:21 - 30

message 35: by Robert (new)

Mickey wrote: "The preachers believe the Bible (Literally) that is why they are in trouble Or they just make something up. They are not fooling God, any In Jeremiah it reads they steel verses from the Bible and w..."

My response: Anyone who believes a SELF-DELUDED crackpot like you is in trouble.

You claim to be SUPERIOR TO JESUS ! Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah who was to come...
...you say Jesus is WRONG and that YOU are Elijah! ROFL!!!!!

message 36: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 632 comments I'm in good company. "And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said He is beside himself." (Crazy) Unsound of mine, insane, unbalanced. You say I'm a self deluded crackpot, and Biblically which one of us is going to live with God in His kingdom?