What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Interwoven Narratives

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by asha (new)

asha | 29 comments Looking for works with multiple interwoven narratives-separate story arcs that are either connected or eventually come together, much like Blue by Kayce Stevens Hughes or the musical/song cycle Ghost Quartet. I especially want to read more circular stories

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
asha, which genres are you interested in reading? For teens (young adults) and/or older adults? Certain themes?

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Counterparts by Nicholas Royle

message 4: by 0possum (last edited Aug 14, 2018 05:11PM) (new)

0possum | 71 comments Hyperion
1Q84

These 3 books are told from 3 different perspectives about the same event.
Fifth Business
The Manticore
World of Wonders

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Eyeliner of the Gods and Chloe, Queen of Denial are 2 books about the same happenings as seen by 2 different teenaged girls. They were also written by different authors which is why I put both title down.

message 6: by asha (new)

asha | 29 comments I’m interested in both young adult and adult books.

message 8: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments The Graceling series by Kristen Cashore comes together like this. Book 1 is “Graceling.” YA.

message 9: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Graceling for Tris's suggestion... easy click for the whole series found here.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
The Alexandria Quartet is four books by Lawrence Durrell, told from four different vantage points (1st person usually or always), about the same group of people. Literary fiction set in Egypt.

The Raj Quartet is similar but all the books are written from an omniscient viewpoint. Covers India in the 20th century during the years before and up to partition in 1947.

message 12: by asha (new)

asha | 29 comments How can I get notifications or emails for this thread(I’m on the app)?

message 13: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments @Asha.
Scroll down past the comments. Under the “Add a Comment” option, there should be “Topic Notification Settings.” Tap that, then tap the switch next to “Notify me when the topic...is updated.” Once you do that, a notification pops up asking if you want email notifications as well (select “email me”).

message 14: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments @Asha.
If you want notifications from the app in general, you’ll need to make sure you have notifications for the app on (usually found in your phone’s settings).

message 15: by Keith (new)

Keith | 223 comments Walking on Glass by Iain Banks (and a number of other books by the same author)
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

message 16: by Hillary (new)

Hillary | 274 comments asha wrote: "Looking for works with multiple interwoven narratives-separate story arcs that are either connected or eventually come together, much like Blue by Kayce Stevens Hughes or the musical/song cycle Gho..."

Spinning Silver

message 17: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich (and various related books)
South Riding by Winifred Holtby
Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman
Carry Me Like Water by Benjamin Alire Saenz

message 18: by Jo (last edited Sep 08, 2018 08:28AM) (new)

Jo | 160 comments Gone to Soldiers by Marge Piercy. Amazing!

message 19: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 283 comments The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler and The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.

message 20: by Paige (last edited Sep 14, 2018 01:03PM) (new)

Paige | 795 comments She Walks These Hills should fit the bill.

message 21: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (manduck) | 112 comments Nick Lake has one called 'In Darkenss' (which wasn't easy to tag as there are numerous books with similar titles). It goes back and forward between modern Haiti (a boy trapped in the rubble after an earthquake) and historical Haiti.
I absolutely loved this book!