Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 3 or more chapters of YA Fantasy/Romance, 12397 words

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clarice Lauv (new)

Clarice Lauv | 2 comments Hi everyone, I completed the 1st volume of a triology. It’s about a reader’s adventures in a book she has been reading and falls in love with the protagonist.

Book's genre: YA Fantasy/Romance
Word count: 12397
POV details: Most of the book from the heroine's POV
Number of betareaders needed: 5 would be perfect~

I posted it online, it seems quite a number of readers clicked on it due to the blurb, but never continued reading, not sure what turned them off :( Is it because the plot or language(writing skills)?

Here’s the blurb:
Amber doesn’t understand why her soul has inexplicably entered the book she has been reading—The Sword of Wrath. To get back to the real world, she has to follow the instructions of a weird System that rules this world: to play a role the System assigns to her and generate a high enough "score" before escaping the magic book. But there is a problem. The role assigned to her is “Constance Henning”—the hero's mentor, a "villain" role who will eventually die a miserable death. Though being assigned the role of a vicious sorceress, Amber personally holds no grudge against the hero—Karl, who suffered a bitter childhood because he was a hybrid of demon and human. Amber feels sympathy for Karl’s misfortune but is forced to make life miserable for him. And the biggest challenge would be to push Karl down to the Infinite Abyss as the plot demands.

Really appreciate your opinions, thank you!(・`Д´・)

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 77 comments Can I start with the first three chapters?

message 3: by Clarice Lauv (new)

Clarice Lauv | 2 comments Zero wrote: "Can I start with the first three chapters?"

Yes sure~! Could you leave your email please? Thank you!