THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Goodreads adverts

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhian (last edited Aug 13, 2018 03:20AM) (new)

Rhian (rhianima) | 3 comments Hi everyone. I'm experimenting with Goodreads ads, and I want to make them UK specific.

However - and this may just be my brain fart - I can't find the UK, United Kingdom, Britain, Great Britain or any UK countries listed in the ad dropdown.

Are they simply lumped in with the US as English-speaking destinations? This seems doubtful (and daft) - as Australia is separate.

Any help gratefully received.

message 2: by Julian (new)

Julian Hilton | 21 comments This may be related, but I also struggle to find how to do UK adverts for Amazon as well (KDP)... I don't think it's possible. Isn't Good reads owned by Amazon? Maybe it's more aimed to the US market. I notice my author page on Amazon US has more functionality than Amazon UK. Sorry if that doesn't solve your issue though.. but thought it might be helpful.

message 3: by Rhian (new)

Rhian (rhianima) | 3 comments Julian wrote: "This may be related, but I also struggle to find how to do UK adverts for Amazon as well (KDP)... I don't think it's possible. Isn't Good reads owned by Amazon? Maybe it's more aimed to the US mark..."

Hi Julian - I haven't looked into KDP adverts yet, but yes, that is plausible.

message 4: by Julian (last edited Aug 13, 2018 03:31AM) (new)

Julian Hilton | 21 comments It's impossible.. (I mean the situation :0) It may not actually be impossible!) I looked and I looked. I really don't know how to advertise my book in the UK - through Amazon...Not trying to hijack your thread.. just saying it's not easy - you're not alone! Hopefully someone will answer you soon...

message 5: by David (new)

David Dennington | 4 comments I tried ages ago to advertise in England on Amazon. They are set up independently and their systems are poor compared to here in the US. Can't think why they wouldn't just adopt Amazon.com methods which definitely work. Goodreads new giveaway marketing policy, though, seems to be a flop--it used to be wonderful.