What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Late 80s early 90s, fantasy, witches, teacher (?) Or newbie, ley line described as grids

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Willow | 4 comments Read so much in this time i cannot recall the title or author (Mercedes Lackey was one i read a lot), it is set in modern times (at the time of writing late 80s or early 90s). Recall the lead as a young woman who is coming into her powers she sees the lines of power as grids of threads. She desribed them as sticky or tacky when she had to touch them. There was a series of these books. I may have more details but I am not sure since i read so many books at the same time. She may have worked with a detective. Thank you in advance

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Could it be the Hollows series by Kim Harrison?
Kim Harrison

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Willow | 4 comments I will check into that one. I used to read so much at that time and my best friends mom had an extensive library and would lend me entire series at a time and i would finish them in just a few days. Thank you!

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Willow | 4 comments That is not the series...it looks intresting though and I will check itnout it was written in the early 2000s the series I am looking for I read in 89 or 90.

message 5: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Did you rule out the Diana Tregarde series by Mercedes Lackey already? I can't recall the ley lines detail being in it (been a long times since I read those so that doesn't mean much) but the other stuff is pretty close from what I recall and if you were reading her books around that time it's worth mentioning just in case you missed checking it.
Burning Water is book one.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Willow | 4 comments I will check them thank you!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Catherine, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Liz (last edited Dec 09, 2021 06:07AM) (new)

Liz Pitcher | 47 comments Could it be Wild Magic? The MC's magic is often described as copper threads.

message 9: by Florence (new)

Florence | 649 comments Possibly one of the Wicca series by cate tiernan? Called the sweep series in America

message 10: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Dec 09, 2021 05:43AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Book of Shadows for Florence's link (first book in the Wicca/Sweep series).