Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Dark-ish Contemporary Fantasy, 85k Words, Adult/New Adult

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments 3rd POV, omni.

"Magda stands in the cemetery under the moonlight waiting for the spell to work, for her lover to return. With the souls she’s bound to him, his resurrection is at hand. But what she’s done she cannot undo and Magda will soon learn she should have left him in the ground.

Twins Avery and Chloe Parsons know little of magick and nothing of demons. When their grandmother sends them a cryptic letter and a sinister looking book filled with illegible scrawls, they set out for Prague to check on her.

A handsome yet disturbing stranger answers the door of their grandmother’s apartment and tells the girls the woman who used to live there is dead. They are devastated…and now highly suspicious.

Drawn to a cracked crystal ball in a curiosity shop, Chloe discovers the spirit of their grandmother within who tells them a frightening tale of lust, naivety, betrayal, and demons.

Armed with a book of dark magick they can’t read and their grandmother’s spirit in a cracked crystal ball, the twins must stop Magda’s dead lover before he unleashes an unstoppable evil.

Looking for serious beta readers who have the time to dedicate to making this story the best it can be. You'll be credited in the Acknowledgements, of course!

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris | 2 comments Hi, I have a 65,000 word dark fantasy in need of beta reading. It would be great to swap critiques.
PM me.
Chris.

message 3: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka Sheehan | 5 comments Hi I might be interested in being a beta reader for you! I’m currently writing my own fantasy.
You can reach me at becky19960728@hotmail.com

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Rebecka wrote: "Hi I might be interested in being a beta reader for you! I’m currently writing my own fantasy.
You can reach me at becky19960728@hotmail.com"

Hi, Rebecka! Did you mean this for me or Chris?

message 5: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka Sheehan | 5 comments No it was meant for you!

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Rebecka wrote: "No it was meant for you!"

Woohoo! I'll email you.

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Johnson (ryn_johnson) | 2 comments Sounds like something I'd enjoy beta reading if you still need some people.

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Ryan wrote: "Sounds like something I'd enjoy beta reading if you still need some people."

I sure do, Ryan. You can never have too many eyes. Would you message me your email address?

message 9: by Precious ✨ (new)

Precious ✨  (anonymous-butnotquite) | 1 comments Hi! I am new to this group and I know this post is from August. However, if you are still needing more readers I am interested. Please PM me. :)