Horror Aficionados discussion

Halloween Card Exchange, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Hey all! It's time to start thinking about...Halloween!.

So I'm looking for people interested in a Halloween card exchange.

The format will be the same as last year, in that everyone will send their cards to a central address, and then I will mail them out. I will start the running list of participant names as folks respond. Please read information in the next post, as after last year's exchange, we have a few new procedures that I hope will lead to a better exchange.

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Hey there! Almost time for the Halloween exchange!

This year will work the same as last year, with a bit more confirming due to the low participation in 2017. Just like last year, you will mail your cards to me, with a self-addressed stamped envelope, by 9/15. As we have international participants, I will be mailing out the cards before 10/1.

We welcome international participants, but this year, we will handle this a little differently. The post office does not accept foreign stamps, so you will need to send me $22.50, which is what I ended up paying at the post office for each international package last year when I mailed out the cards, in U.S. currency with your cards.

Please add your name to this thread, expressing interest, and send me a friend request on GoodReads. It is difficult to communicate with the group when I try to send a message to more than three people. I will need to send out a message with my address when it is time to mail the cards.

Step one: advise if interested.

Step two: a week before I send out the address, I will ask you to confirm. If you do not confirm, your name will be dropped from the list. We had one person contact me when I gave out the mailing address to say she had seen the post once, when she signed up, but had never come back and did not intend to participate. So I need confirmation this year as we had a number of people sign up who did not send cards. On 9/15, I will send out the count.

Step three: mail cards me your cards by 10/1. If you want your cards mailed to you individually over a period of time, please include address labels and enough stamps to cover the mailing. I will be mailing the cards out on 10/1. We usually have international participants, so I want to make sure they have time to receive their cards by Halloween.

Step four: get your Halloween cards in the mail and Be Happy!

message 3: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11288 comments Mod
Me please!

message 4: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Latasha wrote: "Me please!"

You're number one!

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Awww Katy! 😊

message 6: by joyce g (new)

joyce g | 30 comments Love to be in this year!

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Fantastic!

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (bookwormahn) I'm in. Last year was a lot of fun.

message 9: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Here's the list so far:

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley

message 10: by Jeff McIntosh (new)

Jeff McIntosh | 168 comments and moi as well....

message 11: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Jeff McIntosh wrote: "and moi as well...."

And now we are five!

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Count me in please. Sorry been away from social media for a while.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Already ordered my cards.

message 14: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Sharon wrote: "Already ordered my cards."

Welcome back, Sharon!

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff
Sharon

message 15: by Shan (new)

Shan (shananigans13) Sign me up!

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yasin (sarahyasin) | 29 comments Sign me up, too!

message 17: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Whoo-hoo! The list is growing!

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff
Sharon
Shan
Sarah

message 18: by JaeRavenClaw (new)

JaeRavenClaw (angelouspeacock) | 602 comments Count me in, please!

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (ghoulfriends) I'd live to join in but it seems that England isn't that kind at the Post Office - hope its a blast nonetheless!

message 20: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Hey, I am in England and I take part every year.

message 21: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments .And the list continues!

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff
Sharon
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments A wrote: "I'd live to join in but it seems that England isn't that kind at the Post Office - hope its a blast nonetheless!"

Hi. You can join in. Just check the second post, from 8/12, which explains how to join as an international participant.

message 23: by Red (new)

Red | 15 comments oh, this is great~!

Count me in!

~Red

message 24: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Red wrote: "oh, this is great~!

Count me in!

~Red"

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff
Sharon
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw
Red

Thanks for joining. I will be sending friend requests to anyone I am not currently friends with. It makes it very hard to send notes to all if we're not friends. GoodReads puts up two verification for each person. I'm sure it's to prevent spam, but it makes it hard to communicate.

message 25: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Katy wrote: "Red wrote: "oh, this is great~!

Count me in!

~Red"

Katy M
Latasha
Joyce G
Ashley
Jeff
Sharon
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw
Red

Thanks for joining. I will be sending friend requests to anyone I am n..."

OK. I'm going to be traveling next week, so if everyone could confirm they want to be on the list starting today, that would be great. I will be sending the list of those who confirmed on 9/15. And please advise if you are international. Thanks.

It's a great list and it's going to be a great exchange this year!

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments I am definitely in. I have the cards ready.

message 27: by Latasha (new)

Confirming

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (bookwormahn) Also confirming

message 29: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Ashley wrote: "Also confirming"

Great! Thanks to everyone who has confirmed so far!

Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G
Ashley - yes
Jeff
Sharon - yes
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw
Red

message 30: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Katy wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Also confirming"

Great! Thanks to everyone who has confirmed so far!

Still waiting for: Joyce G, Jeff, Shan, Sarah and Red. Are you still interested in the exchange? Please advise. Thanks! Will be sending out the exchange information in a few days via PM.

Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G
Ashley - yes
Jeff
Sharon - yes
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw
Red"

message 31: by Jeff McIntosh (new)

Jeff McIntosh | 168 comments as I am the only Jeff..yes, interested

message 32: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Jeff McIntosh wrote: "as I am the only Jeff..yes, interested"

Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G
Ashley - yes
Jeff - yes
Sharon - yes
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw
Red

Cool! Getting closer! Need to have all confirmations by Monday, 9/10. Will be sending out list around the 15th.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) I have done the Christmas card exchange and would love to join inthis Halloween exchange! Can you PM how this works with me sending all the cards to you to send out??!! THANKS!!😊 🎃

message 34: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Jennifer wrote: "I have done the Christmas card exchange and would love to join inthis Halloween exchange! Can you PM how this works with me sending all the cards to you to send out??!! THANKS!!😊 🎃"

Jennifer, I will be giving the count in a few days. You will be sending all cards to one address, then I will mail out. Please see posting at top from August 12th. I will send you a friend request. It is hard to send out PM's to multiple people (do not want to post an address on this post) unless we are friends.

Thanks for joining!

message 35: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Hello, all!

I just sent notes to everyone who had not yet confirmed. I will be finalizing list and sending the count out later this week. You can get a sense from the list above how many we will definitely have and how many we might have if the rest confirm.

I can't wait! I'll be seeing you in the mail! I will send out the list of names in a few days, and the cards will be due by 10/1 so I can get them to the international participant(s).

Getting closer!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) Katy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I have done the Christmas card exchange and would love to join inthis Halloween exchange! Can you PM how this works with me sending all the cards to you to send out??!! THANKS!!😊 🎃..."

Thanks Katy! I went up and read the thread from August 12th!

DAISY READS HORROR | 9 comments Me please

message 38: by Annie A (new)

Annie A | 30 comments Am I too late? I want in this year too, please!

message 39: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Ashton (tattooedreader13) Just seeing this, too late?

message 40: by Latasha (new)

Y’all should send Katy a message. She may see that before your comments.

message 41: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G - yes
Ashley - yes
Jeff - yes
Sharon - yes
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw -yes
Red - yes
Annie -
Daisy Disney -

Hello. Back from vacation. Had troubles with Internet while I was there, so sorry for the delay and the delay in responding to a few messages. Most people have confirmed. Will be sending out count tonight. Do not have confirmation from Shan or Sarah.

message 42: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Latasha wrote: "Y’all should send Katy a message. She may see that before your comments."

And thanks, Latasaha! Got back from my trip late last night.

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) I’m confirming yes for me!!

message 44: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Jennifer wrote: "I’m confirming yes for me!!"

Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G - yes
Ashley - yes
Jeff - yes
Sharon - yes
Shan
Sarah
JaeRavenClaw -yes
Red - yes
Annie -
Daisy Disney - yes
Jennifer - yes

OK. That makes 11 participants. Will be sending out mailing directions via PM.

message 45: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments Katy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I’m confirming yes for me!!"

Katy M - yes
Latasha - yes
Joyce G - yes
Ashley - yes
Jeff - yes
Sharon - yes
JaeRavenClaw -yes
Red - yes
Annie - ok
Daisy Disney - yes
Jennifer - yes
tattooedreader 13 - ok

The eleven is not because you are mailing to yourself, but because I left off tattooed reader. Everyone who is participating should have received a PM with the exchange information. If you didn't, and you confirmed, please send me a note.

message 46: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 975 comments And I received the first set of cards, from Jennifer!

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey (jennpelfrey) Yay!

message 48: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) | 797 comments Katy, I wont be able to post the cards until Friday, will be my first chance to get to the post office. Sorry.

message 49: by Latasha (new)

I thought I had some cards. When I checked, it’s the ones I received last year 😒 so I gotta get some.

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (bookwormahn) I mailed mine Saturday.

« previous 1