YA LGBT Books discussion

Read-to-Review - complete & old > YA magical realism and literature-esque novel for review (FF romance and grey-ace MM) NO More Copies

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (last edited Oct 16, 2018 08:53PM) (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Title: Wish Our Hearts Away

Cover: Wish Our Hearts Away by E.J. Phillips

Number of copies available (Edit this as you give out copies): 5 4 3 2 1 0

Formats available: ebook

Word count or pages: 244 (kindle estimate) 340 (paperback). 70k-ish words?

Blurb:

"We never used to have secrets, but these days there were walls of them between us."

As high school comes to an end, Lily, Sam, Michael, and Girija secretly wish for the same thing—to escape their small town. When they stumble on a magical place called The Grove, they believe their wishes might not be so far out of reach after all.

But they soon discover that as much as they wish to leave, they also wish to stay … with each other. The answer isn’t easy, particularly when the lines between friendship and love are blurring, and the lines connecting love and identity are growing stronger day by day.

As their wishes become more conflicted, the magic begins to change, withering away as it unearths ghosts and buried secrets. The four friends are forced to make a choice. Will they choose to stand alone, or can they finally let down their walls to save The Grove, and one another?

Magic listens to the heart, not the mind. And sometimes when things change, they stay that way forever.

This whimsical young adult novel has been masterfully woven into a dramatic and suspenseful tale of secret wishes, untold truths, and hidden romance, all sure to hold its reader captive.

**any content warnings: trigger warning under spoiler cut (related to family violence) (view spoiler)

Excerpt: (view spoiler)

Please reply to the thread if you're interested in a copy! I will PM you with details. Amazon reviews would be really appreciated, but certainly not required for a copy. Thanks!

message 2: by Marthese (new)

Marthese Formosa | 7 comments Hi I would be really interested to read and review this. Unfortunately as I do not buy from amazon, I cannot review on there but I will review on Goodreads and possibly a blog post.

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Marthese wrote: "Hi I would be really interested to read and review this. Unfortunately as I do not buy from amazon, I cannot review on there but I will review on Goodreads and possibly a blog post."

Fantastic! Thank you, and no worries at all, any review is greatly appreciated. I'll PM you the details shortly as soon as I'm back at my computer

A whole new girl (awholenewgirl) | 3 comments Hi!
I am
interested! I will PM my email to you!

message 5: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Just Me wrote: "Hi!
I am
interested! I will PM my email to you!"

Thank you! I've just sent you a message :)

message 6: by Mehrnaz (new)

Mehrnaz Siavoshi (readbymer) Hi! I'd love to review this book, sounds like it's something I'd really be interested in! I can review on Goodreads and Amazon (and anywhere else tbh).

message 7: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Mer wrote: "Hi! I'd love to review this book, sounds like it's something I'd really be interested in! I can review on Goodreads and Amazon (and anywhere else tbh)."

Thanks so much! I've sent you a PM, so let me know if you have any issues :)

message 8: by Cas (new)

Cas (brekker) | 8 comments I would really like to read this if you're still giving free copies! It sounds great and definitely something I'd be interested in! I can review with some pushing on other platforms, but I'm not too sure about Amazon as I don't typically review there.

message 9: by Sarina-Soren (new)

Sarina-Soren (inquisitiveowl) | 48 comments Hello, I would like a copy if any are still available! I jump at any chance to read books with ace characters. I will review it on Goodreads since I don’t have an Amazon account.

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Cas wrote: "I would really like to read this if you're still giving free copies! It sounds great and definitely something I'd be interested in! I can review with some pushing on other platforms, but I'm not to..."

Brilliant :) I'm definitely still giving out copies. I will send you a PM now! Let me know if you don't get it, and thank you so much

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Jane | 6 comments Sarina wrote: "Hello, I would like a copy if any are still available! I jump at any chance to read books with ace characters. I will review it on Goodreads since I don’t have an Amazon account."

Fantastic! Thank you so much, you've got the last copy! I will PM you now. Let me know if it doesn't come through

message 12: by Kaje (last edited Oct 17, 2018 06:55AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16812 comments *
Last copy is sent out

I'm going to leave this open for comments from those participating for a little while, in case issues arise, and then archive it. Thanks to Ellen and the readers for coming together on this.