Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Smith | 4 comments Hi all! I am a young writer still in high school, but I have been writing a novel for the last few years and I really would like some input from a reading community like this one. I live in a small town and struggle to find people interested in looking over my story. I am not experienced in helping BETA read stories myself, but I would definitely be interested in swapping stories if that was anyone’s interest.

I am young and I would love someone’s help to become a better writer because I do not have many strong influencers in writing in my everyday life. If anyone is interested, please message me on goodreads and we can talk more!

My story is YA and takes place in future America, but deals with lack of freedom of choices beginning with a lack of being able to choose your occupation that quickly bleeds over into both limiting other freedoms and incompetency. The protagonist is female. There is cussing but no sex and has side archs of romances. Thank you for your time!

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 77 comments Hello,

Can you provide word count to be read and a more detailed blurb, please?

Don't lose hope. The main goal for a beta reader is to help the writer in any way possible. You are not alone :)

message 3: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Hall (celeste97) | 11 comments Katie wrote: "Hi all! I am a young writer still in high school, but I have been writing a novel for the last few years and I really would like some input from a reading community like this one. I live in a small..."
Hi Katie -

My name is Celeste and I specialize in reading and writing Dystopian. I'm pretty young too - still in college, so I might have a helpful perspective on the audience you're trying to reach. Let me know if you're still looking for a Beta Reader.

My email is celesteannahall@gmail.com

message 4: by James (new)

James | 29 comments Hello, Katie.

I also write dystopian and can give you beta swap if you want.

Email me if you're interested.

gnukijames@gmail.com

message 5: by Random (new)

Random Person | 11 comments I read YA...meaning I'm not a professional adult. But I guess I should know what most teens like.

Is it possible for you send the blurb and first few chapters? Thank you for your time!

Email- randomperson1223465678@gmail.com