What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Fiction- Teen girl helps other girls get over breakups in 13 (?) days

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonya (last edited Aug 12, 2018 05:35PM) (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) YA Fiction/Romance; I never read the book but saw a magazine advertisement for it around 2012 (ish). It was about a girl (whose name is in the title) who helps a classmate get over the guy that broke up with her within 13 (?) days. There was emphasis on not moping around and eating ice cream from a carton. She told her to put some effort into her clothes and put some lip gloss on. The title was something along the lines of "(insert name)'s Guide to Getting Over a Guy in 13 days." Not sure if this is correct since I am going off of memory. I think it was an American book targeted specifically toward teen girls.

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) Rainbowheart wrote: "Getting Over Garrett Delaney?"
No, but I am definitely adding it to my to-read list.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Title doesn't match, but Over You seems to have similar theme.

message 5: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) Ayshe wrote: "Title doesn't match, but Over You seems to have similar theme."
Not the book I'm looking for, but it sounds interesting

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments What's driving me nuts is that I'm sure I've seen this exact book mentioned before, but I can't find it doing searches.

message 7: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) Rainbowheart wrote: "What's driving me nuts is that I'm sure I've seen this exact book mentioned before, but I can't find it doing searches." Yeah, it drives me crazy too. Thanks for helping though! :)

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude and Other Commandments I Have Broken?

Probably not, but this may have been the one I remember coming up before.

message 9: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) Rainbowheart wrote: "Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude and Other Commandments I Have Broken?

Probably not, but this may have been the one I remember coming up before."

Sounds like a good read, but not the one I'm looking for

message 10: by Mel (last edited Aug 15, 2018 11:55PM) (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 33 comments This is an absolute reach, but there's similarish themes in this book

13 little blue envelopes by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson

message 11: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (WolfRoseReads) (wolfrosereads) Mel wrote: "This is an absolute reach, but there's similarish themes in this book

13 little blue envelopes by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson"

No, but seems interesting

message 12: by Rain (new)

Rain | 1 comments I know exactly what you're talking about and I've been trying to remember the name of this book FOREVER, she has like her own mini business and has her own business cards to give out to people, I hope I can remember the name and update you on it!

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Still looking, Sonya?

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Sonya left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

message 15: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Aww, rats. :(