Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Fiction/Nonfiction Beta Readers Desired

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evette (new)

Evette | 43 comments I have a finished manuscript which is YA realistic fantasy which bends toward the literary side. It is about 120k words. The world is basically the same as ours. The time period is different. The society is theologically based. The protagonist is female. It is a mixture of adventure, tragedy, mystery, politics, and hope. There are supernatural elements toward the end but nothing over the top. I need to know where I have flaws, be they developmental or with the plot itself. I prefer sending the file and not copying and pasting.

It is fantasy but leans heavily to the literary side. It is low fantasy and their world is like ours. I'm in need fresh eyes to look at my book and point out any issues. People who usually read nonfiction might like this as well. All r welcome. Very briefly it is a book about a girl looking for her father but becomes entangled in a political conflict which may lead to war between her home country and their enemy to the south. Those living there are runaways who decided to flee south and forge their own country after facing persecution. There's some action as well with smuggling and traveling and stealing.

There is no sex, cursing, or gratuitous violence. I thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it. If you have time and are interested, please let me know.

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Morey | 15 comments Evette,
I'm willing to read your story and give you my opinion, if you're interested in a swap.

I have a completed Historical Fiction political / espionage thriller set in Japan and China in the 1930s and 1940s, against the growth of militarism and the commencement of war. But it's not all dark because one of the characters is a geisha, who helps a police inspector to foil plots and coups which will ultimately take Japan to war. It's a clean draft so I'm only looking for feedback on story and characters. It's a 150,000 words and includes a couple of sex scenes which are contextual to the story.

If you're interested in a swap then let me know.