The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Mo Hayder News?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric | 8 comments Would anyone out there have any news about author Mo Hayder? I've looked around the internet, her website and Googled her and have not located any new information of her.

I hope she is well and someone out there might have some news of her and any upcoming writing....

thanks...

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (laundry_piles) Following because I'd love to know too! Hoping she's working on another fantastic new novel!

Laura/Mystery in Minutes  | 66 comments I have loved her particular brand of very dark, gritty, horror-influenced crime fiction, and I think she has one of the most suspenseful writing styles out there! I would like to know, as well!

message 4: by Ria (new)

Ria | 52 comments Read she is working on her next novel 'Bonehead'....fingers crossed it's out soon!

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric | 8 comments Ria wrote: "Read she is working on her next novel 'Bonehead'....fingers crossed it's out soon!"

Thank you so much for the update....glad to learn she is still writing...

Laura/Mystery in Minutes  | 66 comments Ria wrote: "Read she is working on her next novel 'Bonehead'....fingers crossed it's out soon!"

How exciting!!

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric | 8 comments Laura/Mystery in Minutes wrote: "Ria wrote: "Read she is working on her next novel 'Bonehead'....fingers crossed it's out soon!"

How exciting!!"

I did some other looking around on the internet and found a link to a site that seemed to indicate her new novel was supposed to be into her publisher in 2016.

I just hope she is well because it is so surprising the lack of current information on her, especially because she is such a wonderful writer.

message 8: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) | 179 comments She has a fb page but her last comment seems to be jan 2018

message 9: by Martin (new)

Martin Mchugh | 1 comments I see I bought her latest book, "Wolf", in the July of 2014. She's usually been quite frequent with her books. Hopefully she's just found new interests in life and put her writing on the back burner for a while (5 years!) Although, some form of info to the fans would have been appreciated.

Laura/Mystery in Minutes  | 66 comments I have read most of her novels (I own a copy of Wolf, but have not yet read it), and should add that they are frightening, but in the good way that a roller coaster drop is frightening!

I, too, hope that she is okay.

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo Ann | 6 comments I just read where Mo Hayder died in July of 2021 of a motor neuron disease. How tragic. She was a gifted writer. I understand she wrote 2 more books to be published in 2022 under the name of Theo Clare. If you put her name in search engine, you will find this information. I loved her books. She was only 59.

message 12: by Eric (new)

Eric | 8 comments Jo wrote: "I just read where Mo Hayder died in July of 2021 of a motor neuron disease. How tragic. She was a gifted writer. I understand she wrote 2 more books to be published in 2022 under the name of Theo C..."

Yes, I had read that and a bunch of book sites wrote glowing memorials of her and her writing. I was surprised at how little updated information of her was around from the time she wrote her last crime thriller until her passing. I even had contacted some of the bigger thriller sites and none of them had any updated information on her. I really enjoyed her novels.

message 13: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 36376 comments I hadn't heard/ That's a shame.