What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Dealing with Dragons
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. High Fantasy/Dragons - Aristocrat woman kidnapped by dragons and kept as a maid. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wren | 20 comments Genre: High fantasy, Fantasy/Dragons. There wasn't any mature content in it, but I don't think it was specifically marketed for teens/children

Year: I read it about 5-3 years ago, but I don't think it was published recently. Maybe 90's or older (the cover and binding had a sort of pulp fantasy feel).

Plot: An aristocratic woman (maybe a princess, I don't remember) is kidnapped by dragons and kept as a maid. There were several dragons, and they lived in a big labyrinth of tunnels. She does cooking and cleaning for the dragons, who are mostly civil. A knight tries several times to rescue her, but she refuses because she doesn't want to go back with him. I think there was also a special forest somewhere that she went to. There are several things here I'm unsure about, so feel free to be liberal with your suggestions.

Location/Time Period: typical medieval fantasy land

Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Aerulan (last edited Aug 11, 2018 09:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aerulan | 1247 comments Sounds a bit like The Enchanted Forest Chronicles there's several books, I can't recall off hand which is the closest fit but the details are pretty much all there. The first book is the most likely since that's where she ends up living with them and the knight definitely happens, but I think the forest plays more of a part in the later books.

Wren | 20 comments Aerulan wrote: "Sounds a bit like The Enchanted Forest Chronicles there's several books, I can't recall off hand which is the closest fit but the details are pretty much all there."

Yes! I looked into the series, and it was the first one:
Dealing with Dragons

Thanks!

Aerulan | 1247 comments Avery wrote: "Yes! I looked into the series, and it was the first one:Dealing with Dragons

Thanks!..."

You're welcome!