Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about One Fell Sweep
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > One Fell Sweep [Nov 18, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Buddy Read starts on 18th November.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I got a little ahead of myself on my reading so I might be starting this one later today.

Narilka | 3356 comments Cool :) I'll probably be a tad late. This is a reread for me though so discuss away.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I'm about 90% through. So far this is my favorite in the series. I really enjoy reading IA books and finding all of the Princess Bride references. I guess this is their thing now. I got 2 so far in this book. Someone tell me if you find more.

Also, I'm 3 books in and I JUST realized that Auul is like awhoo, which is the sound of a wolf howl. I'm not sure if that's deliberate, but it's so obvious now that I realized it that I figure it must be, right?

message 5: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Timelord Iain | 17963 comments Mod
I really like this one as well... it really builds on the previous 2 books, and adds some great new characters... which is why I'm excited about the novella, Sweep of the Blade... altho I'm not sure if it's releasing on ebook/audio before Christmas, anymore... it's suffered from delays all year, and is still an ongoing serial, I think...

Narilka | 3356 comments This was my favorite too :)

@Iain, they posted on their blog that the novella will be delayed :( Still waiting for a new ETA so we can put a date on the BR.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I may have started this a tad early too. I've saved some notes on my google docs to share.

My thoughts so far:

10% in - (view spoiler)

13% in - (view spoiler)

32% Chapter 5 complete (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I love Helen. She's adorable.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I love Helen. She's adorable."

She really is!

message 10: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

On reread, I can see similarities to Conlan...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Ah, I kind of see that too. Helen is better though in my opinion!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments Same. I'm not a fan of Conlan. He's kind of annoying. But mostly because of the context that he came into the story.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments 39% That was exciting! Dina has a war room, freaking excellent.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments 43% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie wrote: "43% [spoilers removed]"

Of course you would... I've noticed a trend in what you think would make an excellent book plot ;D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Timelord Iain wrote:

Of course you would... I've noticed a trend in what you think would make an excellent book plot ;D"

Haha!!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments 54% (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3356 comments I started my reread last night. At 28% (view spoiler)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I'm about 90% through. So far this is my favorite in the series. I really enjoy reading IA books and finding all of the Princess Bride references. I guess this is their thing now. I got 2 so far in..."

Which two did you get Diana? Very interested to know!

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 1613 comments Charlie wrote: "54% [spoilers removed]"

It was definitely horrible!

Narilka | 3356 comments I'm at 86%. While I remembered the overall story arc, I'd forgotten just how action packed this installment is. It also has me really looking forward to the upcoming novella.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments Karishma wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I'm about 90% through. So far this is my favorite in the series. I really enjoy reading IA books and finding all of the Princess Bride references. I guess this is their t..."

I don't even remember anymore lol. I think Sean tells her "As you wish" at some point, and later I remember there's a much more obvious one, but I can't remember what it was. I should have noted them.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Finished!
(view spoiler)

Narilka | 3356 comments Charlie wrote: "Finished!

[spoiler removed]"

Totally agree! Fingers crossed the novella hits in January and we'll get #4 next December-ish :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments That's so long to wait!

message 26: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Nov 21, 2018 05:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

you can always read chapter by chapter as they're released: http://innkeeper.ilona-andrews.com/

They tend to release a couple pages every week, barring outside problems like writing deadlines for traditional series, and the hand injury over the summer...

I much prefer to wait and read all at once... it's why I don't really follow webcomics anymore, either...

Narilka | 3356 comments I'm with Iain, waiting for the full thing to be done. It's still pretty nice they offer it as installments for fans that like that.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I'd rather read it inn one go I think. The waiting would kill me.

message 29: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

inn one go...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Haha what a great typo, I couldn't have planned it better if i'd tried!