Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Clean Sweep
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Clean Sweep [Sep 18, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3603 comments Mod
Buddy Read starts on 18th September.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Woot!! Excited for this!

Bill | 2150 comments I'm in too. I picked up the first book in a recent audible sale.

Brittany | 150 comments I might be able to fit this in! I really want to read it.

Narilka | 3340 comments In :)

message 6: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Timelord Iain | 17905 comments Mod
For a second I thought people has started already... of course I'm in...

Bill | 2150 comments This is a finished trilogy correct?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I saw this thread had updated and seriously came here to yell at the people who I thought had already started this. 'm currently 3 books behind and in no way ready to start this one :-P

Bill | 2150 comments Lol. I always worry the same thing when I see buddy read book updates.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments I think that this month all of my buddy reads started early so I wouldn't be surprised :-/

message 11: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is an ongoing serial... most years, chapters are released in parts every couple days/weeks, and a finished serial is editted and released as an ebook around Christmas for $5... I don't think there was a serial last year... this year it's a novella about side characters... there were delays with her hand problems over the summer...

The overarching plot of the series has been slow-moving, but I've liked each book as a self-contained story...

message 12: by Bill (last edited Sep 14, 2018 04:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Thanks. I’m going to leave it for later then. Got too many ongoing series.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Started! I'm so glad to get back to Ilona Andrews. I loved this book when it first came out a few years ago. I think I'll probably fly through it even though I've got a lot of other reads on the go, I always do with IA books.

message 14: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yea... I like the scenes in the Costco... since I work in a similar bulk warehouse :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments 34% in. I really like Dina, she's smart and capable and she has an adorable dog. Definitely getting some Kate Daniels vibes with the sticking her nose into things that don't directly concern her thing but I guess that's what makes an exciting story. I like Sean a lot, Again, getting some Curran vibes but he's not as capable yet. I think he could be a great asset for the Inn.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Finished! Quite a short read but super fun. IA just writes excellent UF. There's something about it that
just really appeals to me. I love the idea of the Innkeepers, they're not really important people themselves but they host them and they get to witness important events. I also really enjoyed that Dina wasn't a merc or a detective like most urban fantasy series. She runs an inn and she likes to drink tea and read her books. She's my kind of girl.

message 17: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

If there's one thing IA specializes in, it's monster dogs :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "If there's one thing IA specializes in, it's monster dogs :)"
Definitely! I wish my Shih Tzu was as cool as hers, but Dobby just steals my pillows and chews up all my socks. Bless him.

message 19: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "If there's one thing IA specializes in, it's monster dogs :)"
Definitely! I wish my Shih Tzu was as cool as hers, but Dobby just steals my pillows and chews up all my socks. ..."

Living up to his name, I see :D

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Haha yeah, it's my fault, I gave him socks to play with as a puppy because I thought it was cute, now they're his favourite toy.

message 21: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Probably cheaper than branded dog toys... just pickup a cheap package of socks, or socks with lost pairs, and let him go to town...

Brittany | 150 comments I'm going to start this tomorrow!

Love the name for your dog Charlie, and I agree he lives up to it.

Narilka | 3340 comments I'm starting my reread tomorrow :) I remember this book being pure fun.

message 24: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

It was... went by super quick though... I like the 2nd book the most, I think...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Hope you guys enjoy! I'm really looking forward to books 2 and 3. On one hand I love that they're so short as I can fly through them but on the other, I love this world and I'd happily read a 700 page book.

Narilka | 3340 comments hehehe! Ch 1 (view spoiler)

Also, Sweep of the Blade has a tentative release date of 12/18 :D

Brittany | 150 comments I've only read the first 2 chapters so far but enjoying the world. Everything is interesting except for dogs being murdered. I am so not okay with that

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments The first time I read this book I really didn't like it. I was fresh off of a Kate Daniels binge and I think I was comparing the 2. Plus I don't really like the way the audiobook narrator reads the character voices. Anyway, I'm enjoying it a lot more this second time around. It's cute and quirky and a light, fun read.

message 29: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Narilka wrote: "hehehe! Ch 1 [spoilers removed]

Also, Sweep of the Blade has a tentative release date of 12/18 :D"

About what I expected... this series generally releases edited / audiobook versions in December each year they write one...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Narilka wrote: "hehehe! Ch 1 [spoilers removed]

Also, Sweep of the Blade has a tentative release date of 12/18 :D"

I'd forgotten about that too! Bless Sean, he's a strange one!

Brittany wrote: "I've only read the first 2 chapters so far but enjoying the world. Everything is interesting except for dogs being murdered. I am so not okay with that"

I was upset by that too, poor doggos. I'm fine with human's getting killed in books but animals are no okay.

Narilka | 3340 comments Charlie wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I've only read the first 2 chapters so far but enjoying the world. Everything is interesting except for dogs being murdered. I am so not okay with that"

I was upset by that too, poor doggos. I'm fine with human's getting killed in books but animals are no okay..."

Yeah that part sucked. It's surprising given that the authors are dog lovers.

Somewhere in Ch 4 (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3909 comments Finished. I liked it a lot more this second time around. It's so short though. I'm ready for the next one.

Brittany | 150 comments Exactly! No hurting of the doggos allowed! People are fair game.

Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 5 stars

Narilka wrote: "Charlie wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I've only read the first 2 chapters so far but enjoying the world. Everything is interesting except for dogs being murdered. I am so not okay with that"

I was upse..."

Reminds me of October Daye (view spoiler)

Brittany | 150 comments That's a good comparison Iain!

Narilka | 3340 comments Ch 16 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3340 comments Finished. This was just as great as I remembered :) I also think I can see the foreshadowing now.

Also, I love how they blended SF with UF. That is quite a skill.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Narilka wrote: "Finished. This was just as great as I remembered :) I also think I can see the foreshadowing now.

Also, I love how they blended SF with UF. That is quite a skill."

I've definitely haven't read an USF before, it's a great idea!

Regarding the Inn being a character in itself, it reminds me of another book I read years ago where the house was sentient but I can't remember what it was! I think the house may have just been called 'house'. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about let me know!

Brittany | 150 comments ch 10 (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4550 comments Brittany wrote: "ch 10 so I love the world and how vampires are genetically similar to humans and actually still alive.
What I didn't love was the fight between Dina and the stalkers where her two swords are also..."

Glad you're enjoying the world Brittany! I love the vampire's too, they're very cool.

Brittany | 150 comments I finished it and started the next one!