Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Half Bad
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Half Bad [September 2018]

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3604 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 7th September.

Beste | 1163 comments Spot!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments I'm in :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Hey guys, I'm not going to read along to this one since I'm way behind on 4 BRs but I'll follow the discussion to jog my memory and I'll join yous for book three!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Beste are you still able to read this? I'm going to be late as my schedule is so screwed. I still have 2 books I was supposed to start from the 1st.

Beste | 1163 comments I'm sorry!!! I didn't see this before.
I'm late af.
What shall we do?
I will finish Ruin and come asap if you are available.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Don't worry!! I'm so late too. I think I will try to finish Shadow and Bone or Calamity before I start. Should I just give you a shout? Or you give me a shout when you finish Ruin? :)

Beste | 1163 comments I'm done. DM me when you're done too :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments I reckon I'll finish Shadow and Bone tonight, so will make a start on this! :) will DM you too x

message 10: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "I reckon I'll finish Shadow and Bone tonight, so will make a start on this! :) will DM you too x"

Boooh, that was nowhere near one (or a few chapters) a day :D

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I reckon I'll finish Shadow and Bone tonight, so will make a start on this! :) will DM you too x"

Boooh, that was nowhere near one (or a few chapters) a day :D"

It was about 4 chapters a day! They're long XD

I found myself drawn to reading it more because of how quick it went by.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments I'm 26% in, somewhere towards the end of Part 2. (No chapter numbers and the names are kinda spoilerish!).

(view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I kind of want to read this now but I really just don't have the time!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Charlie wrote: "I kind of want to read this now but I really just don't have the time!"

If it helps its such a quick read. The pages just fly by, same as Shadow and Bone.

But I'm not going to try and tempt you because I know how much you're currently reading!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments 39%, end of Part 2.

(view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Siobhan wrote: "39%, end of Part 2.

This is so brutal! I can't believe the way they're treating poor Nathan :( Yes he's half black, but he's a child! God. I guess he's on his way to his cage now.
He didn't really..."

The worst thing is how his own family treats him. (view spoiler)

As we said about the gloominess of this book, I can't picture anything else than a grey cloudy London day in my head :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments I'd forgotten how awful everyone was to Nathan but reading these spoilers it's bringing it all back. These people suck!

Beste | 1163 comments Charlie wrote: "I'd forgotten how awful everyone was to Nathan but reading these spoilers it's bringing it all back. These people suck!"

Exactly.

Also how illogical is that to keep Nathan prisoner! If you want to catch his father just do 24/7 surveillance on his house. Ta dahhh 2birds in 1 shoot idiots.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Beste wrote:

Exactly.

Also how illogical is that to keep Nathan prisone..."

Agreed. There's absolutely no need to take him from his family. They're just hateful.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments It is so hateful!! I can't believe how targeted the prejudice is either! (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4553 comments Siobhan wrote: "It is so hateful!! I can't believe how targeted the prejudice is either! [spoilers removed]"

Yup, meddling biggots.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Through Part 4 now. 73%.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Finished! I really enjoyed this, considering how gloomy and miserable it is. 😅

Beste | 1163 comments Siobhan wrote: "Finished! I really enjoyed this, considering how gloomy and miserable it is. 😅"

I'm too sentimental to comment right now. (Thinking over the ending)

Ok its gone.
I was gonna say I'm happy that he met ppl like Gabriel.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7860 comments Did you love it as much rereading?

I'm glad he met Gabriel too :)