Horror Aficionados discussion

Buddy Reads > Two Graves - Preston/Child

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ginger (last edited Aug 11, 2018 07:07PM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Come join Terry and I as we finish the Helen trilogy! We're starting this buddy read on August 12th.
And Matthew will be offering his awesome commentary on the book! :D

message 2: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments So many questions!! Looking forward to some answers.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Here I am!!!

message 4: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments I was able to get started on this today. I read up to chapter 91 hours. I’m shocked already! (view spoiler)

message 5: by Ginger (last edited Aug 13, 2018 02:24PM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I was able to get started on this today. I read up to chapter 91 hours. I’m shocked already! [spoilers removed]"

I'll get to that point tonight. I'm at Ch 45+ hours.
I just finished up the (view spoiler)
I keep thinking that Pendergast's way of getting information is much easier then the "lawful" way that Hayward uses. hahaha

message 6: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5532 comments Mod
Just wait until you find out it was Smithback all along behind everything Pendergast has investigated in every book, as a cruel mastermind bent on his revenge! Muhahahah Oops did I forget "Spoiler alert"?

JK None of that really happened..... I don't think....

message 7: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Alan wrote: "Just wait until you find out it was Smithback all along behind everything Pendergast has investigated in every book, as a cruel mastermind bent on his revenge! Muhahahah Oops did I forget "Spoiler ..."

Hahahaha!! Alan, with the way P & C spins some of these plots, this wouldn't be that far fetched. ;)

message 8: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I was able to get started on this today. I read up to chapter 91 hours. I’m shocked already! [spoilers removed]"

I'll get to that point tonight. I'm at Ch 45+ hours.
I just finished ..."

Haha, yes, the tie part was great - and you're right, very effective!

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments But, I will say that there is a giant fan in your future - and hurling toward that fan at thousands of miles an hour is a ball of crap the size of the moon! When it hits . . . Minds will be blown!

message 10: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5532 comments Mod
Yes, turns out it was all a bad dream Pam had and Bobby is alive and taking a shower!

>;D

message 11: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Alan wrote: "Yes, turns out it was all a bad dream Pam had and Bobby is alive and taking a shower!

>;D"

Matthew wrote: "But, I will say that there is a giant fan in your future - and hurling toward that fan at thousands of miles an hour is a ball of crap the size of the moon! When it hits . . . Minds will be blown!"

I can't wait to find out what all of this means!

message 12: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I was able to get started on this today. I read up to chapter 91 hours. I’m shocked already! [spoilers removed]"

I was totally shocked with how that all came about! (view spoiler)

And up to Ch 4, what the hell is up with (view spoiler)

message 13: by Terry (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:28AM) (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I was able to get started on this today. I read up to chapter 91 hours. I’m shocked already! [spoilers removed]"

I was totally shocked with how that all came about! [spoilers removed..."

I know! I can’t imagine how hard that would be for him, especially (view spoiler)

message 14: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments MUAH HA HA!

message 15: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments I had time to read today since I took it off!

Got to Ch18
Good grief!! Aaand here’s your plot twist!
Looks like (view spoiler) 😳

message 16: by Matthew (last edited Aug 14, 2018 01:22PM) (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "I had time to read today since I took it off!

Got to Ch18
Looks like [spoilers removed] 😳"

Oh, its so cute that you think THAT is your plot twist! Absolutely adorable! ;) MUAH HA HA!

message 17: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Oh, its so cute that you think THAT is your pl..."

God dang it! Hahahaha! I’m dying with laughter on your comment Matthew.

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments

:D

message 19: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "

:D"

Hahaha!!

message 20: by Terry (last edited Aug 14, 2018 05:50PM) (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Definitely entertained! I'm only up to ch5 now, Ginger, but I'm excited to find out what this twist that's not THE twist is, lol.

message 21: by Ginger (last edited Aug 15, 2018 07:07AM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Definitely entertained! I'm only up to ch5 now, Ginger, but I'm excited to find out what this twist that's not THE twist is, lol."

Haha! Yeah, it's a plot twist that I guess isn't the real plot twist. :D
This series is nuts.

message 22: by Matthew (last edited Aug 15, 2018 07:28AM) (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Definitely entertained! I'm only up to ch5 now, Ginger, but I'm excited to find out what this twist that's not THE twist is, lol."

Haha! Yeah, it's a plot twist that I guess isn't th..."

Well, it is a plot twist, for sure . . . but, with Preston & Child it is buy one get 10 free!

And, in the last 150 pages of this book, there is a twist about every 15 pages - it's gonna get crazy!

message 23: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "And, in the last 150 pages of this book, there is a twist about every 15 pages - it's gonna get crazy!"

I. CAN'T. WAIT!

message 24: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments I’ve made it up to ch11 (slowly getting to where you are, Ginger). Man, it’s such a dark part (view spoiler)

message 25: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Terry wrote: "I’ve made it up to ch11 (slowly getting to where you are, Ginger). Man, it’s such a dark part [spoilers removed]"

I started to think that (view spoiler)

message 26: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "I’ve made it up to ch11 (slowly getting to where you are, Ginger). Man, it’s such a dark part [spoilers removed]"

I started to think that [spoilers removed]"

Very possible. I hadn’t thought of it that way.

message 27: by Ginger (last edited Aug 16, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I’ve made it up to ch11 (slowly getting to where you are, Ginger). Man, it’s such a dark part [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, it's hard to (view spoiler) #therapysessions

message 28: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "I had time to read today since I took it off!

Got to Ch18
Looks like [spoilers removed] 😳"

Good grief, or even WTF! I just made it to ch18 also. If that’s not THE plot twist, it’s definitlely something to make you go nuts with suspense at least. (view spoiler)

message 29: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Good grief, or even WTF! I just made it to ch1..."

Yeah, that's not even the real plot twist. I got to Ch28 this week. I've stopped for you to catch up and there's another plot twist that's even crazier!!
It blew my mind. hahaha

message 30: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Good grief, or even WTF! I just made it to ch1..."

Yeah, that's not even the real plot twist. I got to Ch28 this week. I've stopped for you to catch up and there's another plot twist..."

Oh man - I need more time to read!!

message 31: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Oh man - I need more time to read!! "

Don't we all! This adulting sucks. LMAO

message 32: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Oh man - I need more time to read!! "

Don't we all! This adulting sucks. LMAO"

I’ll second that!

message 33: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Good grief, or even WTF! I just made it to ch1..."

Yeah, that's not even the real plot twist. I got to Ch28 this week. I've stopped for you to catch up and there's another plot twist..."

MUAH HA HA!

message 34: by Ginger (last edited Aug 17, 2018 11:09AM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "MUAH HA HA!"

This is how I feel with all the plot twists in this trilogy...

message 35: by Matthew (new)

message 36: by Matthew (new)

message 37: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments 😂 🤯

message 38: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: ""

That bird gif always makes me laugh!! 🤣😂
So, so funny!

message 39: by Matthew (new)

message 40: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Good grief, or even WTF! I just made it to ch1..."

I made it up to ch28. Holy crap on a cracker! I did not expect this twist at all.

message 41: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "I made it up to ch28. Holy crap on a cracker! I did not expect this twist at all. "

Right?!!!! I couldn't believe it.
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I made it up to ch28. Holy crap on a cracker! I did not expect this twist at all. "

Right?!!!! I couldn't believe it.
[spoilers removed]"

Crazy! And I feel so sorry (view spoiler)

message 43: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Terry wrote: "Crazy! And I feel so sorry [..."

I agree! What a crazy thing to find out.

message 44: by Ginger (last edited Aug 18, 2018 04:13PM) (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re (view spoiler) What. The. Fuck.

message 45: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

Haha, well put! Where can this go next?! (view spoiler)

message 46: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

message 47: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3489 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

"

This is FANTASTIC. 😂🤣👍

message 48: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

"

This is FANTASTIC. 😂🤣👍"

This is why I’m loving this series! 🤯

message 49: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1005 comments Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

"

This is FANTASTIC. 😂🤣👍"

This is why I’m loving this series! 🤯"

Because of my awesome gif comments? ;)

message 50: by Terry (new)

Terry | 4979 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "I just got to Ch33. Surprise, you’re [spoilers removed] What. The. Fuck."

"

This is FANTASTIC. 😂🤣👍"

This is why I’m loving this series..."

They are just as mind-blowing!

« previous 1