SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
This topic is about Magic Triumphs
Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > [Sept 2018] "Magic Triumphs" Discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments This is the discussion thread for our September BOM: Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews.
Details you may wish to include in your discussion:
* What did you think of the continuing storyline? How’d they do wrapping it all up?
* How did the plot compare to others in the series?
* Did you have a favorite quote or scene?
* Would you recommend the book to others?
* Just how much are you going to miss this series? :( *sob*

message 2: by Sam (last edited Aug 29, 2018 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam | 1052 comments I loved this book. It was a fantastic end to the series.

I really enjoyed how they wrapped up the whole Roland thing. I was worried that (view spoiler)

Scenes I loved: (view spoiler)

I will miss the series but I'm also sort of happy that they are finishing with it. Maybe they'll create another series for us to love. I absolutely adore their Hidden Legacy and Innkeeper series. Still haven't finished the Edge series as I am dragging it out. It'll be interesting to see what their minds come up with now. Or maybe they'll just take a well earned vacation.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments So glad to hear that, Sam! I've got mine, but haven't started it yet. I'm excited to get started yet saddened it'll be the end. But, like you, I'm certain they'll create more to love.

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments I started mine last night. !!!

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 1009 comments I started yesterday as well! I'm trying to hold out because if I don't start, then it won't have to end...but it just kept calling me lol

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Danielle Book Boss wrote: "I started yesterday as well! I'm trying to hold out because if I don't start, then it won't have to end...but it just kept calling me lol"

I know, right? I finished two other books I was reading last night so I could start with a clean slate. It came time to open this one and instead I started looking through my library for something else!

Of course, I realized eventually that I couldn't put it off any longer, but it didn't stop me trying!!

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments LOL! I'm the same. I've finished up my latest and I'm stuck between gimme-gimme and nooooooooo, you can't end it!

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Steph wrote: "LOL! I'm the same. I've finished up my latest and I'm stuck between gimme-gimme and nooooooooo, you can't end it!"

THIS.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new) - rated it 5 stars

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments LOL! I crumbled this morning and started reading. I made it 35% in and made myself stop, put it down and walk away. It was difficult.

message 10: by Lis (last edited Sep 04, 2018 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lis | 3654 comments I couldn't wait and devoured this last week.... And I Loved it!!! Great finish... was very pleased with the wrap up. All the fav support characters were present and a few surprise ones too. There were some fun moments (love that toddling baby....), the sarcasm and a few sad ones too. This writing team really knows how to create a wonderful story and even gave us a hint of a tickler for upcoming possibilities. Can't wait!

Favorite line(s) has to be anything Curran said to Kate that ended with " ... Ass kicker"

I'm trying to look at this not as an ending but a starting point for several spinoff series options...

message 11: by Nerdy Werewolf (last edited Sep 05, 2018 06:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Lis wrote: "I couldn't wait and devoured this last week.... And I Loved it!!! Great finish... was very pleased with the wrap up. All the fav support characters were present and a few surprise ones too. There w..."

I finished mine a few days ago and I mainly feel the same way. I'm in awe of how well done the ending/new beginning was presented. It felt so complete, satisfying and correct.

My only real gripe had to be: (view spoiler)

I adored everything about Conlan. He was the star of the show, for sure!
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) | 36 comments Just got mine and will start it tonight.

message 13: by Lis (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lis | 3654 comments @Holly. That baby! Sigh!! (view spoiler)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Lis wrote: "@Holly. That baby! Sigh!!..."

I have so much to add to this, but it will have to wait until tomorrow...to be continued!

message 15: by Danielle Book Boss (last edited Sep 05, 2018 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 1009 comments Holly wrote: "Lis wrote: "I couldn't wait and devoured this last week.... And I Loved it!!! Great finish... was very pleased with the wrap up. All the fav support characters were present and a few surprise ones ..."

Regarding the Conlan (view spoiler)

I think Kate as a helicopter parent is the funniest thing in this book. And Doolittle was like Kate he had a little scratch and she was like I didn't want it to get infected and I'm just imagining the tiniest of papercuts ever lolol

Also do you think (view spoiler)

message 16: by Lis (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lis | 3654 comments Yep, that is the fun part of this series I will miss... those sarcastic occurrences that they reference as a side note.... Her helicopter momming was too funny.

message 17: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam | 1052 comments When I read the epilogue, I thought (view spoiler)

I do think the epilogue is setting us up for a potential spin off series. It won't take place in Hugh's books, since all those books take place before the big battle.

As for Conlan (view spoiler)

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Okay, offshoot topics!

That epilogue conversation: (view spoiler)

The Hugh books:(view spoiler)

The end setup: (view spoiler)

Ascanio: (view spoiler)

Conlan: (view spoiler)

I have far too many thoughts.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments Can't wait to get to it (well ish! I'm bingeing the series but don't want to get to the end too soon lol)... am on Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels, #3.5) by Ilona Andrews but this thread keeps popping up in my feed (mainly because I won't shut it down!)...

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Hah! That's because there's SO much to talk about. Jump in when you get there-even if it takes a little while. :) I'd love to know your thougths on everything!

message 21: by Lis (last edited Sep 07, 2018 08:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lis | 3654 comments Holly wrote: "I have far too many thoughts...

I know... I often wonder if authors or their admins browse comments like these and laugh because we over complicate or over think their intentions. LOL

I have way too many thoughts too. But I really enjoy a good series and storyline.

Nerdy Werewolf (nerdywerewolf) | 217 comments Haha! What if they do? They'd probably all get a good chuckle...

Laura | 765 comments Lis wrote: "I'm trying to look at this not as an ending but a starting point for several spinoff series options... "

Two more Hugh/Elara books, and they are talking about at least one Roman book.

I personally would like to see a Beau book. I know he's a regular human, but that would be fun to see, because we know he manages to thrive among all the magic.

My first thought when I finished this book? "I want a baby werelion!" :)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 362 comments My thoughts to come...

But until then

Laura wrote:"I want a baby werelion!" :)"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Mourns (other topics)
Magic Triumphs (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ilona Andrews (other topics)