You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Toppler reporting - Sunset at the Beach

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments Hi everyone! Report your books read here. Remember to post your WoF name at the top. Link your book and tell us how it links to the beach themes. We'd love to hear what you thought of your reads as well!

message 2: by Lanelle (last edited Aug 12, 2018 08:16AM) (new)

Lanelle | 3460 comments WoF Name - Lanelle
(Whenever I see this abbreviation, I think it is WolF :)

I finished reading Diamond Bay. Lots happening on the beach.

I'm going to try and read Evil Under the Sun as well. ETA: Finished this one around 4:00 this morning. Couldn't sleep. This story had a lot more beach drama and action.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments Lanelle wrote: "WoF Name - Lanelle
(Whenever I see this abbreviation, I think it is WolF :)"

haha or woof

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 2585 comments WoF - Jenn
I finished Carousel Beach, which has beach in the title, on the cover, and in the story. For some reason I was expecting something along the lines of The Longest Ride, what I got was the heart wrenching story of a woman trying to survive debilitating, life altering anguish and guilt after losing her grandmother and unborn child on the same day. Gotta find something more uplifting to read now.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2822 comments WoF - Lynn

The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
I finished The Identicals, which has a beach on the cover and in the setting of the book.

It took way too long to get any insight into the characters and for the story to get moving, but once it did I really enjoyed it. And the epilogue .... love, love, loved it!
4 Stars

message 6: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1966 comments WoF - Lori Z

I finished The Siren by Kiera Cass which has a beach scene on the cover. Also the MC lived by the beach.

message 7: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17975 comments WoF Name - Rusalka

Journey to Death Journey to Death (Lucy Hall, #1) by Leigh Russell

The book was set on the Seychelles, so there were beaches everywhere. MC spent 50% of the book on a beach of some sort, bitching about the heat and the sun, or being told by her parents to stay out of the sun.

message 8: by Almeta (last edited Aug 12, 2018 09:30AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10649 comments WoF name:Almeta (EDIT)

Saturday

Finished Boy's Life BEACH on the cover Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon

and The Spoilers by Rex BEACH

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 52863 comments Almeta wrote: "Saturday

Finished Boy's Life beach on the cover Boy's Life by Robert R. McCammon

and The Spoilers by Rex Beach"

Don't forget your WoF name.

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie WoF Name- Valerie
Finished The Regatta Mystery and Other Stories by Agatha Christie
The cover on my copy isn't on Goodreads but it has a beach on it- it's this edition: https://www.abebooks.com/978044017336...

message 11: by Debra (last edited Aug 12, 2018 09:15AM) (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments WoF Debra T

I finished Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions. It was quite LOL funny at times, heartwarming, and heart-tugging. For the most part, it was light and enjoyable. Will be likely to read more by this mother and daughter team.

message 12: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Aug 12, 2018 08:08AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17975 comments Debra wrote: "I finished Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions. It was quite LOL funny at times, heartwarming, and heart-tugging. For the most part, it was light and enj..."

You need to make sure you add your WoF name as well :D

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 1188 comments WoF Anna M

Finished The Adventures of Sally The Adventures of Sally by P.G. Wodehouse it was great read but then it's written by P.G. Wodehouse so of course it's good.

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2018 10:20AM) (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments WoF name: Kristie

I read Flight by Sherman Alexie narrated by Adam Beach. I thought it was ok. It started out really well, then moved into this sort of dream sequence for too long. The end was really good and tied into the dream sequence, so I guess it was necessary. I’m just not a fan of sequences like that. I much preferred the parts that sounded like a true memoir.

message 15: by Almeta (last edited Aug 12, 2018 09:35AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10649 comments WoF name:Almeta

Sunday

Finished On the BEACH

Started Love in a Nutshell (inherited beach house) and did not finish it on time.

Three books down~~~four books added! lol! Reverse Toppling

message 16: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments Rusalka wrote: "You need to make sure you add your WoF name as well :D ."

Done! Thanks for the reminder.

message 17: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20877 comments Congratulations all of you who finished your book (and more - Almeta).

Although I didn't finish it - yet, I'm still enjoying it. I definitely need to pick a shorter book for a 24 hr read next time though.

message 18: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10649 comments Cherie wrote: "Congratulations all of you who finished your book (and more - Almeta). ..."

Thanks!

I love audiobooks at time and a half!☺

message 19: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments I do that too, Almeta!

message 20: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10649 comments Kristie wrote: "I do that too, Almeta!"

I'm always surprised that they don't sound like Alvin the Chipmunk!

message 21: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments They sound so slow to me at regular speed now!

message 22: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments Badges are up! Thank you all for adding your WoF names. It made it a quick job. :)

message 23: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20877 comments I have jumped up to time and a half on occasion, but normal is good for me. I did not have an audiobook that fit the criteria for the toppler this time. Poor planning on my part.

message 24: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 15574 comments You’ll most likely have one for next time. I have the next toppler all planned already and there’s lots of options. I’m excited about it. 😁 It’s different than usual and I think it’ll be a lot of fun. 🤫

message 25: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20877 comments Sounds like fun, Kristie. I'm looking forward to it.

message 26: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1966 comments Love the badge, Kristie! You've definitely got my interest for the next toppler!