Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > New author looking for a Beta Reader or a Critique Parter

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Dauzat | 2 comments I’m a new writer working on a contemporary romance series looking for a Beta Reader or a Critique Partner. Warning to potential readers...this series will contain strong language and adult situations.

I have Book 1 ready to read. It’s fairly short about 20thousand words. Book 2 is almost complete and will be twice as long. The entire series will likely be 5 books long.

Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you so much.

message 2: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Dauzat | 2 comments Hey Deanna. I guess it would be considered erotica although not much in the first book but will get more envolved in the upcoming books also there will be some suspense in upcoming book
What about you?

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Alice (Author) | 3 comments Hi ladies
I have a romance with a bit of erotica that I would love to do a swap on, if you're interested? It's been edited and had one Beta reader, but her comments were overwhelmingly positive, so much so I really feel I need another set of eyes on it, if that makes sense?

I'm hoping to have it published by the end of the month, but I'd really like to have another reader on it before I take the plunge.

It's 48K words, set in London, and just a HEA, really. I'd be happy to exchange with either/both of you too, if you're keen?

message 4: by Tinthia (new)

Tinthia | 18 comments Looking for a critique partner for a contemporary romantic women's fiction (not pure romance).

Basic synopsis: Breaking The Rules follows two emotionally damaged adults. Shannon, a 39 year-old mother and hedge witch, struggling to leave her abusive marriage, and Adam St. John, a property developer who's convinced himself love is a four-letter word.

(Sigh, I suck at writing a synopsis.)

The book is currently at 90,000 words and the last two chapters are still raw. I'd like to swap the first couple of chapters to see if our styles of writing are compatible. The book does contain some steamy sex scenes and raw language.

I'm looking for a partner who will point out the plot holes and weak areas and I will do the same. I will be hiring an editor for the technical stuff. If you'd like to read my style of writing go to www.tinthiaclemant.com and see excerpts from my three novels.

Interested? Message me and blessed be. Tinthia

message 5: by Remy (new)

Remy Marie | 8 comments Hello,

I wouldn’t mind doing a swap either. While it’s not contemporary, it is a romance! I’ve rewritten my debut 95k paranormal romance novel and I would love to have a second pair of eyes on it. Here’s the blurb:

Jason Barton isn’t your typical hero. In fact, his small frame, high IQ, and deep compassion for others keeps him in the friend’s zone most of the time. But despite his anti-hero traits, he still has a one-track mind when it comes to women – mainly the one who has been by his side for the last five years.
Trini Davos is the polar opposite of Jason. She’s a brave, Goth geek, who never met a problem she couldn’t solve. But a brazen attack by a group of rogue werewolves changes everything for her and her long-time friend. They narrowly escape death only to discover that wild beasts are the least of their troubles. An unlikely romance may prove to be the biggest challenge of all for them.

Jason’s Awakening offers a fresh take on the paranormal romance genre. Filled with non-stop action, steamy romance, and twists no one will see coming, this book will keep the reader hooked from start to finish.

message 6: by Remy (new)

Remy Marie | 8 comments Oh yeah, you can reach my by DM or e-mail remymarieauthor@gmail.com

message 7: by Tinthia (new)

Tinthia | 18 comments Remy wrote: "Hello,

I wouldn’t mind doing a swap either. While it’s not contemporary, it is a romance! I’ve rewritten my debut 95k paranormal romance novel and I would love to have a second pair of eyes on it...."

Let's give it a try. I'll email you. :)

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Redish | 6 comments Are you still looking for partners, I have a adult contemporary romance/erotica that I would like a gentle beta for, and am willing to offer the same.
Lucy, I could offer to give yours a read.
DM or email at nodaytoocold@hotmail.com

message 9: by Tinthia (new)

Tinthia | 18 comments A.T.Dixon wrote: "Are you still looking for partners, I have a adult contemporary romance/erotica that I would like a gentle beta for, and am willing to offer the same.
Lucy, I could offer to give yours a read.
DM o..."

How much erotica?

message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard Hutchison | 21 comments Lucy wrote: "Hi ladies
I have a romance with a bit of erotica that I would love to do a swap on, if you're interested? It's been edited and had one Beta reader, but her comments were overwhelmingly positive, so..."

Hi Lucy, I have a completed contemporary romance, about 72K, it has adult situations but all actual sex is just suggested. I am looking for someone to just read it an react as the read. I what to know what your heart feels rather than your brain thinks. And would happy to read for whatever purpose you want in return. My email address is brohutch@hotmail.com, I hope to hear from you.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Redish | 6 comments Hi Tinthia,
I'm not sure how to answer that, but I'd be happy to do a 'first 10 000 words' swap, or something like that, and there isn't anything graphic in that first part of my book
LMK
AT

message 12: by Iris (new)

Iris Darshi (iris_darshi) | 13 comments Richard wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Hi ladies
I have a romance with a bit of erotica that I would love to do a swap on, if you're interested? It's been edited and had one Beta reader, but her comments were overwhelmingly..."

Hi Richard, I have a contemporary romance as well, that has few scene but no actual descriptions. I would love to swap beta read if you are still looking for one.

message 13: by Richard (new)

Richard Hutchison | 21 comments Sure. My email is brohutch@hotmail.com.