Play Book Tag discussion

Spies in the Family: An American Spymaster, His Russian Crown Jewel, and the Friendship That Helped End the Cold War
This topic is about Spies in the Family
August 2018: Espionage > Spies In The Family by Eva Dillon - 4stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Theresa | 7401 comments A memoir, Spies in the Family: An American Spymaster, His Russian Crown Jewel, and the Friendship That Helped End the Cold War is overall, an easy interesting enjoyable story, and a nice counterpart to The Patriots which I had just read. I did find the jumping around in dates a bit confusing, although not overly detrimental to my enjoyment. Particularly enjoyable was reading about real-world CIA operatives and how the work is handled rather than just fictional/action movie ones.

However, reading about all the politics, leadership incompetency, interagency conflicts, and paranoia that infect so much of the CIA (and all those government agencies that protect our nation and people) in light of US government today, is absolutely depressing because NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Joy D | 3866 comments I read this a last year and enjoyed it. If you're going to read this one, I would stay away from the Kindle edition, as there are some formatting issues with it (the reason for my 3 star rating instead of 4). As far as spy stories go, you can’t beat the real thing!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review. Sounds interesting. Real world espionage can be a far cry from the fiction, the fiction can just be an easier read. The politics and all infighting seems to be a disease that has never stopped.