Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Member-Author Group Read > September/October 2018 Featured Member-Author Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
Member-Authors.....it is time to nominate your very own books for our September/October 2018 Featured Member-Author Group Read.

The books must be nominated to include a Goodreads link by clicking on 'add book/author' located above the comment box. If a book does not have a Goodreads link, it will not be added to the poll.

***Only one book may be nominated per author and the first 10 books to be nominated (as long as book/author meet all the listed rules/criteria) will go into the final poll.***

RULES

1. One book will be selected every other month to be our Featured Member-Author Group Read.
2. The selection process will be determined by voting in a poll by all “current” members, including member-authors. (The integrity of the polling will be monitored…absolutely no voting recruitment will be tolerated).
3. We will randomly start a thread asking for book nominations, and the first 10 books to be nominated (as long as they meet all the requirements) will go into the final poll.
4. In order for your book to be added to the poll, you must be an “actively-participating” (not including self-promotion) member of our group for at least 2 months.
5. Your book must also fall into the action/adventure genre, and be readily available (i.e. to purchase new print and/or ebook versions).
6. Poll voting will last one week. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll will take place lasting three days.
7. Once the book is selected, we will start a “Book Discussion/Ask the Author” thread.

Let the nominations begin!!!

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Mike (last edited Aug 16, 2018 09:29AM) (new)

message 4: by Brian (last edited Aug 16, 2018 09:06PM) (new)

Brian (uefalliance) | 2 comments Galactic Startup

description

https://www.amazon.com/Galactic-Start...

Alex and his three friends drop out of college after discovering a revolutionary way to travel into space using a small amount of energy. Their world-changing technology is sought by the government, and they are forced to go into hiding while they perfect it. Their adventures into orbit and beyond become a global sensation. As they navigate fame, family and those who are determined to stop them, little do they know that their little startup could have galactic consequences once they discover a derelict spaceship.

message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Poll is up and can be found here:
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

Poll will close on August 30, 2018.

message 6: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

We haven't had much turn out at the polls yet, so I am going to leave it up for a bit longer.

message 7: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Since we had a tie, we are going to read both books for our September/October Featured Member Author Group Read:

Covert Dreams by Mike Meyer by Mike Meyer Discussion thread can be found HERE

AND

13 Days The Pythagoras Conspiracy by L.A. Starks by L.A. Starks Discussion thread can be found HERE