Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Dark-ish Contemporary Fantasy, 85k Words, Adult/New Adult

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (last edited Aug 14, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments 3rd POV, omni.

"Magda stands in the cemetery under the moonlight waiting for the spell to work, for her lover to return. With the souls she’s bound to him, his resurrection is at hand. But what she’s done she cannot undo and Magda will soon learn she should have left him in the ground.

Twins Avery and Chloe Parsons know little of magick and nothing of demons. When their grandmother sends them a cryptic letter and a sinister looking book filled with illegible scrawls, they set out for Prague to check on her.

A handsome yet disturbing stranger answers the door of their grandmother’s apartment and tells the girls the woman who used to live there is dead. They are devastated…and now highly suspicious.

Drawn to a cracked crystal ball in a curiosity shop, Chloe discovers the spirit of their grandmother within who tells them a frightening tale of lust, naivety, betrayal, and demons.

Armed with a book of dark magick they can’t read and their grandmother’s spirit in a cracked crystal ball, the twins must stop Magda’s dead lover before he unleashes an unstoppable evil."

Looking for serious beta readers who have the time to dedicate to making this story the best it can be. You'll be credited in the Acknowledgements, of course!

message 2: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 75 comments Hello Carrie,

I loved your blurb, it got my attention from beginning to end.

Do you have a deadline?

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Zero wrote: "Hello Carrie,

I loved your blurb, it got my attention from beginning to end.

Do you have a deadline?"

Hi, Zero! I do have a deadline. Three weeks. Is that doable?

message 4: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 75 comments Hello Carrie,

Unfortunately I'm a slow reader :( and I honestly don't think I would be able to finish it within the given time. I saw your request for serious readers and I rather be honest about my capabilities.

My apologies and good luck.

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Zero wrote: "Hello Carrie,

Unfortunately I'm a slow reader :( "

I appreciate your honesty, Zero. Thanks, anyway!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (aebowman) What kind of feedback are you looking for? Do you have specific questions you want answered or just a general critique?

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie D. Miller (carriedmiller) | 6 comments Anna wrote: "What kind of feedback are you looking for? Do you have specific questions you want answered or just a general critique?"

Hi, Anna. Both actually. The typical scouting for plot holes and pacing, but also look for inconsistencies, what's overdone, what's not done enough, etc. Then overall thoughts/comments.