What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Vampire/Romance, Girl has special blood (some spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments Hey, I am looking for a book I read sometime between 2008-2015. The book starts out with a girl being saved from a house that (I think) vampires set on fire in order to kidnap someone. Jumps ahead and the girl and her family are in service to a powerful group of vampires. There is something special about the girls blood and I think there may be a prophecy.
(Spoilers) The parents are very critical and controlling of the girl and this causes the powerful male vampire (who becomes involved with the girl) to get angry. Later in the book she turns into a vampire due to whatever is in her blood.
Random details I remember:
- the mom had the girl wear really uncomfortable clothes while trying to set up the menu for a formal event she was in charge of planning for the vampires and families
- the mention of lights on the edge of the steps to the vampire quarters
- a car explodes
- the person who saved the girl from the fire called for help from a guard shed
- due to a conflict with some other group of (I think) vampires they have to fit more people in less space and the girl orders bunk beds

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Rachel ~~

You can bump your thread every thirty days or so to move it back to the top of the folder. More eyes will see your thread, and surely someone will know it!

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Rachel, can you tell us more about the heroine - her age at the start, her age when in service of the vampires, her adults skills/powers, etc.? Is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments The book starts with a flashback and the female main character is maybe 4-6. Then it jumps to her in her late teens early twenties.
Her family has served vampires her whole life.
They live on the outskirts of a big city and visit it occasionally throughout the book. I think America or Europe.
The book would probably be considered New Adult.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Taken by the Vampire King? Her blood is special because she has leukemia.