Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Blackfish City
This topic is about Blackfish City
Book Issues > Blackfish City Amazon link doesn’t work

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (last edited Aug 11, 2018 07:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nancy (paper_addict) | 4 comments When I click on the Amazon link on the book’s GR page it doesn’t go to the book’s page. I get the Amazon dogs and “sorry page not found.”

https://www.amazon.com/Blackfish-City...

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19828 comments ebook editions don't link to Amazon except for kindles; that one links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24687 comments The book you linked to in the header is an ebook that isn't sold on amazon, which is why the link doesn't work.

You need to go to the kindle page to connect with amazon for a digital book.

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Aug 11, 2018 08:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nancy (paper_addict) | 4 comments So why does it bring up an Amazon link on the page? I only did a search for the book on GR and went to the book page that came up. Furthermore, why does searching for the book bring up a page with a generic ebook format instead of the hardcover or paperback like most of book searches do?

If I go to the stores and open it and choose a bookseller, their pages come up. So the Amazon link should go to Amazon regardless of the book format that the page went to or don’t put the Amazon link there.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6773 comments The default edition is the edition that has been shelved by the most users. The Amazon link appears on every book page (Goodreads is owned by Amazon), as well as any links designated by you, the user. Because the links go to a book retailer's page, it will only find an edition if actually sold by that retailer.

Nancy (paper_addict) | 4 comments I know Amazon owns Goodreads.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6773 comments Nancy wrote: "I know Amazon owns Goodreads."

Not everyone in the world does, and, of course, we don't know what you know. Other people may be reading this thread.